OSCO Construction Group in Brampton, ON
With a solid history dating back to 1958, PreCon Precast Limited (now a member of the OSCO Construction Group) is known as a leading provider of architectural and structural precast concrete solutions with locations in Brampton and Woodstock, ON. Across Ontario, you will find PreCon precast products and systems used in a variety of construction segments. Our value creation is cultivated by our workforce; a strong team built of Technical Sales, Engineering, Project Management, Production and Field Services. We pride ourselves in being leaders in precast concrete innovation; building more energy efficient, sustainable and safe structures.
PreCon's Brampton Engineering Department is seeking a Drafter with a desire to continue learning on the job. The Drafter will develop extensive precast product knowledge and follow department procedures for preparation of drawings, bills of material, and filing. This position requires high attention to detail, to analyse schedules, specifications, architectural, structural, and steel fabricator drawings before converting this information into precast concrete fabrication drawings. This job also includes checking the work of other Drafters before it is issued for fabrication to our inhouse manufacturing shop. We are looking for a candidate who is comfortable working within rigid time constraints, and can interact with PreCon Engineers, Project Managers, Salespeople, Estimators, Production Supervisors, and Field Erectors.
- Analyse incoming orders and appropriate customer drawings and specifications
- Prepare general layout and detail drawings using AutoCAD software
- Complete quantity take off and prepare bill of material for orders
- Ensure manufacturing shop drawings provide clear and accurate details for fabrication
- Review work of other Drafters for accuracy
- Answer questions about drawings from other departments
- Post-Secondary education in Architectural Technology is preferred, however, less education combined with precast concrete experience will be considered
- Proficient with AutoCAD software
- Skilled at reading construction drawings
- Ability to work at a steady pace to promote accuracy and quality of work with few errors
- Motivated to learn extensive precast product knowledge on the job
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word, Excel, and Bluebeam
- Capability to customize AutoCAD menus and knowledge of 3D BIM Modelling are an asset
As a member of the OSCO Construction Group, PreCon offers a comprehensive compensation package including health and dental coverage, life insurance, RRSP and tax-free savings account options. Additionally, we offer educational scholarships to dependents of employees, health & wellness programming and team building events.
The origins of the OSCO Construction Group go back to 1955 when Ocean Steel & Construction Ltd. was founded in Saint John, New Brunswick. Since that time, the OSCO Construction Group has grown to encompass four main operating sectors: Steel, Concrete, Construction and Corporate. Within these sectors lie an ever-expanding number of companies and divisions, serving a growing market area and employing over one thousand employees.
The OSCO Construction Group prides itself not just in embracing change, but in leading it. We drive this change by maintaining our vision to be fast, be global and be connected. All of our sectors are committed to: conducting business with integrity and fairness; continuous education & training of our employees; improving our processes; focusing on our customers' needs; and, providing top quality products & services.