Occupational / Physiotherapy Assistant (3029)
Competition #: 6-13415 EXT
NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: CUPE
ZONE: Zone 6 - Acadie-Bathurst
FACILITY: Chaleur Regional Hospital
DEPARTMENT: Physiotherapy / Occupational Therapy
CLASSIFICATION: Occupational / Physiotherapy Assistant (3029)
STATUS: Permanent full-time
ANTICIPATED DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK:
8-hours shifts - Monday to Friday
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
The incumbent will assist occupational therapists/physiotherapists in accomplishing various technical tasks. The person will also perform a variety of patient care related duties and departmental support tasks.
- High school diploma plus an additional rehabilitation assistant program/course of over one year and up to two years or equivalent;
- Knowledge and mastery of patient handling and transfer techniques;
- Experience in basic sewing, woodworking, and in the area of crafts;
- Experience in splinting, fabrications of technical aids and adjustments to wheelchairs;
- Knowledge of Word and Internet programs;
- Ability to communicate effectively and in a courteous manner with patients, visitors, and members of the health care team;
- Ability to manage stressful situations and to set priorities;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.