Occupational Therapist 1 (OT01)
Competition #: 6-13215 EXT
Salary: $34.4914 to $41.1449
NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: SHCP
ZONE: Zone 6 - Acadie-Bathurst
FACILITY: Lamèque Hospital and Community Health Centre
DEPARTMENT: Occupational Therapy
CLASSIFICATION: Occupational Therapist 1 (OT01)
STATUS: Permanent part-time
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK:
8-hour shifts - Day
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
The successful candidate performs clinical work that meets professional standards, reporting to the manager or their delegate. The work includes assessments, clinical treatments, consultations, etc. The work focuses on the needs of the hospital's inpatients and outpatients. The work also includes participation in the planning and implementation of departmental activities and may include activities related to quality improvement, performance management, gathering statistics and the training and orientation of students or other health professionals.
- Registration and current membership with the New Brunswick Association of Occupational Therapists and eligible for membership with the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists;
- Ability to manage a varied workload;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Interest in developing competencies in a specialized field considered an asset;
- Verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize activities through effective time management;
- Good judgment, initiative, creativity and ability to adapt to change.
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in French and spoken competence in English are required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.