Power Engineer 1 (2019)
Competition #: 4-13151 EXT
Salary: $23.2545 to $25.0316
NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: CUPE
ZONE: Zone 4 - Northwest
FACILITY: Edmundston Regional Hospital
DEPARTMENT: Facilities Maintenance / Boiler Room
CLASSIFICATION: Power Engineer 1 (2019)
ANTICIPATED DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK:
12-hour shifts - Rotation
Possibility of standby and call back
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
The successful candidate will see to the operation, maintenance, calibration, and diagnosis of the boiler and auxiliary systems. The position will also include duties such as writing reports and keeping detailed logs in accordance with the regulation; monitoring electrical controls; responding to complaints and alarms; and monitoring and maintaining various technical systems such as heating, ventilation and air conditioning, medical gas and the nursing call system. The successful candidate may be asked to travel to provide services in the other facilities of the Northwest Zone of Vitalité Health Network.
N.B. These are only the main duties of the position.
- Secondary school diploma (Grade 12) or general education diploma GED;
- Fourth class power engineer certificate, in accordance with the Boiler and Pressure Vessel Act;
- Ability to operate a computer (ventilation and/or air conditioning and heating management system);
- Ability to write, read, and follow instructions;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethical principles, to the Network's management philosophy and to organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set by Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in French and spoken competence in English are required .
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.