IT Support Specialist
Position: IT Support Specialist
Position Status: Full-time
Hours of Work: Business Hours
Department: IT Operations
Location: Edmundston, N B
What's in It for You?
- Premium benefits package
- RRSP, Short and Long Term Disability options available
- Training & Career progression
- Car & Home insurance discounts
- Performance bonuses
If you are looking to jump-start your career and join a leading company, then Millennium1 Solutions is the place to be!
The IT Support Specialist will operate as a member of the M1S IT Team, responsible for being an initial point of contact for users requiring assistance with information technology issues. Required to triage issues and assign helpdesk tickets as well install, configuring, and maintaining Millennium 1 Solutions' computers, desktop peripherals, laptops and printers within the designated site in a 24/7 environment. As well you will be required to support work from home users in setup and troubleshooting of their home office equipment.
This position performs a wide variety of tasks that includes technology and infrastructure support, as well as interaction with many technology service providers and M1S internal users on a daily basis.
- Initial point of contact for users requiring assistance with information technology issues, including requests and issues via telephone, email and in person.
- Timely acknowledgement of request and issues, executing initial triage / information gathering activities and logging requests.
- Ensuring timely acknowledgement and remediation activities by assigned resources, executing follow-up and escalations as per company policies.
- Ensure departmental compliance with internal controls and policies
- Setup computer hardware using system imaging software with predefined images and standards
- Respond to requests for assistance at user workstation as well as providing phone and remote desktop support to remote offices/users.
- Ability to troubleshoot PC hardware, LAN/Network and software issues, providing accurate, timely and creative solutions, and escalating more complex problems to senior staff
- Replace defective hardware as required.
- Install/configure desktop software as required
- Familiarity with peripheral devices associated with computers, as well as mobile devices.
- Maintain a general understanding of networking concepts as they pertain to connectivity of desktop devices.
- Complete assigned tasks, ensuring delivery of services in accordance with established objectives and Service Level targets.
- Maintain accurate asset inventory
- Complete time logs and update assigned tickets in an accurate and timely manner
- Display exceptional customer service skills, with a focus on quality of service.
- Any other duties as assigned by management.
- Travel to remote user's home office for installation and troubleshooting of computer equipment.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite Applications.
- Excellent communication skills
- Personal qualities shall include adaptability, flexibility even-temperament, focused and reliability.
- Willingness to pursue continuous learning and self development
- Demonstrated ability to work within time constraints
- Working knowledge of PCs and strong keyboarding skills min typing per min
- Positive attitude and demonstrated ability to get along with others.
- Demonstrated ability to implement change efforts.
- Excellent communication skills in English (listening/verbal/written) with emphasis on active listening, probing and negotiation skills - interpersonal skills are essential.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise judgment skills required in dealing with moderately complex situations.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of credit card and/or financial experience
- 1-2 years Customer Service experience an asset
- Recoveries/chargeback experience within the financial services sector
- Association rules and regulations
- TS2/TDR knowledge considered an asset.
Millennium1 Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.