Spray Painters / Labourers / Blasters
Irving Shipbuilding in Shelburne, NS
SPRAY PAINTERS / LABOURERS / BLASTERS
Shelburne Ship Repair, a division of Irving Shipbuilding Inc., located at 29 Hero Road, Shelburne, Nova Scotia, B0T 1W0, is part of the J.D. Irving Group of companies and is in the business of repairing & maintaining vessels.
Shelburne Ship Repair is actively engaged in the repair & maintenance of DND & CCG vessels, as well as commercial vessels on the South West Shore of Nova Scotia.
The company's commitment to health, safety and care for its employees and the environment is an integral part of its business.
Shelburne Ship Repair is seeking Spray Painters / Labourers / Blasters for current and future opportunities.
We encourage applications from qualified African Nova Scotians, racially visible persons, women (applying for non-traditional positions), persons with disabilities, Aboriginal persons and persons of the LGBTQ community. ISI encourages applicants to self-identify in the cover letter/resume portion of your application. Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment where all employees feel supported and valued.
- Ability to work with different types of materials or products such as general metal products, construction materials or coatings
- Complete understanding of spray painting equipment, painting and general labour skills
- 2 - 4 years of experience is preferred, particularly in an industrial and/or construction environment, but not essential.
- Must be able to wear respiratory protection as required
- Must be capable of working at heights and in confined spaces
- You must be eligible to work in Canada to apply for this job
- A pre-employment physical is required
- A background check will be performed by the Employer
Physical effort and work conditions:
- Candidates will be required to wear respiratory protective equipment and must comply with all safety regulations regarding the proper fit and use of this personal protective equipment
- Candidates will be required to work at heights from ladders, scaffolding, and platforms; stand, stoop, bend, kneel, and climb and work in confined spaces and inclement weather and support extended hours and overtime as business needs dictate. Work may be performed indoors and outdoors. You will frequently handle, lift, carry, and set up parts and equipment that weigh up to fifty (50lbs) pounds. Occasionally lift and carry items that weigh over fifty (50lbs) pounds.
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- Spray painting marine and industrial coatings to a specified application requirement
- General surface preparation and painting
- General labour duties as required
- Work setting experience: shipbuilding and repair, steel industry
- Type of materials or products: general metal products, construction materials or coatings
What We Offer:
- Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, and vision
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please complete the online application form.
An up-to-date resume of past experience and education is required.
All applications will be reviewed by the team at Shelburne Ship Repair. If the team sees a potential opportunity (current or future) that matches your skills and experience, you will be contacted to discuss your qualifications for a position within Irving Shipbuilding at the Shelburne Ship Repair facility.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.