Petro Service Limited in Saint John, NB
Petro Service Limited is a full line petroleum equipment distributor, specializing in sales, service, construction and installation. Our customers include owners and operators in the retail petroleum and commercial/industrial markets. The facilities involved include retail gas stations & car washes, bulk plants, fleet sites, commercial / industrial & agricultural sites, and public sector institutions throughout Canada.
A vital strength within Petroservice is its team of dedicated, honest and customer-oriented employees. A willingness to improve and achieve is evident throughout the company with the focus on value added services for our customers, technological advances, and employee training.
If you are looking for a dynamic organization this is the opportunity for you. We are currently recruiting for a Project Manager to join our team in Saint John, NB.
The selected individual will be responsible for leading and managing construction projects throughout the region. The Project Manager will foster strong safety values while providing supervision and guidance for overall objectives, critical issues and new concepts for the project team.
- Liaison with clients including ownership of day to day relationships with key decision makers on site and project team, job scopes, estimates and resource plans.
- Plan and control the construction of allocated projects to ensure completion in accordance with design requirements and time and cost restraints to achieve profit objectives.
- Collaborating and leading the project team toward preparation of a professional and economical set of plans and specifications.
- Identify areas of opportunities to add value to the customer including reviewing products for cost-effectiveness of design and material selection.
- Tendering, contract awards and contract management.
- Prepare budget and cost report tracking.
- Quantify design and scope changes.
- Manage progress claims and change orders with customers.
- Act as a coach, mentor and resource regarding safety issues to project team.
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in Engineering with 5-10+ years' experience directly with construction projects of varying size and scope.
- Professional Engineer (P.Eng) and/or Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification would be considered an asset.
- Strong knowledge of construction and project management methodologies and practices.
- Broad base of knowledge in building codes and relevant legislation including Occupational Health & Safety Legislation.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Strong organizational skills, combined with the ability to effectively influence others and successfully resolve a variety of client, project and technical issues.
- Availability to travel to serve our clients in Atlantic Canada and the rest of Canada.
Petroservice attracts and retains great people in our industry by offering a challenging and dynamic work environment. We believe that our people are our strongest assets, and we are committed to providing continued education and opportunities for growth.
We offer competitive compensation packages including above-standard medical (health, drug and dental) benefits, RRSP matching, EAP, and vacation benefits.
If you are interested in joining one of Canada's leading companies within the petroleum industry, please apply here!
Please visit our website, www.petroservice.com to learn more about us.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates who will be moving on in the interview process will be contacted.