Warehouse Assistant (Term)
GeoSpectrum Technologies Inc., (GTI) specializes in underwater acoustic transducers and systems and has been recognized as a leading provider of specialized surveillance software for a variety of applications including military sonar (multistatic-active, passive, mine hunting), marine mammal monitoring, and ocean observation. GTI's ability to provide integrated, end-to-end sonar systems and winch and handling systems sets us apart from the rest.
We are currently seeking a term Warehouse Assistant who as part of the Materials Group, would provide support with inventory control, shipping and receiving. The successful candidate will have exceptional organizational and time management skills to ensure both customer and company requirements are met in the most efficient manner possible
- Confirm accuracy of incoming items and associated documentation
- Organize, label and store inventory in the proper location
- Ensure safe and proper labeling of chemicals and confirm accuracy of associated documentationn
- Pick materials to fill Manufacturing Orders
- Communicate status updates of outgoing shipments and received items to relevant parties as required
- Assist with regular cycle counts & year-end inventory count
- General cleaning/housekeeping of warehouse & inventory area
- Constantly look for ways to improve job function and a willingness to learn and grow within the company
- 1-3 years experience working in a warehouse environment
- Ability to bend and lift up to 50lbs unassisted
- Ability to share knowledge and work within a team environment while being capable of working independently
- Dynamic and have the ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, agile environment while providing a high level of accuracy and detail
- Energetic and motivated with the ability to keep on top of various projects
- Willingness to embrace change in both technology and processes
- Computer and tech savvy with experience using Microsoft products and internet searching tools.
- Solutions oriented and eager to solve problem
- Must be eligible to apply for and maintain the requirements for the Canadian Controlled Goods Program and Canadian Goverment Security Clearances
Work With Us
GTI offers competitive remuneration and a comfortable, flexible work environment within a highly skilled team. If you enjoy tasks that require a methodical approach, attention to detail, and critical analysis; then this may be the right opportunity for you!
GTI is committed to Employment Equity and our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels. We welcome applicants from Aboriginal People, Visible Minority Groups, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations of positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of the equity groups you are encouraged to self-identify on either your application form, covering letter or resume.
If you are interested in joining our dynamic team, please send both your resume and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
While we sincerely thank all applicants for applying, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.