Registered Nurse I
Location: Clarenville - Dr. G.B. Cross Memorial Hospital
Registered Nurse I REPOST
Regional Medicine Program - Medicine/Surgery
Temporary Part-Time (until September 9, 2021 with possibility of extension)
Hours: 52.5 bi-weekly (12 hour shift work; days, nights, weekends)
Salary: NS-28 ($32.98 - $40.83 per hour)
Competition Number: 2021000527
Posted Date: 23 February 2021
Closing Date: 05 March 2021
Eastern Health is the largest, integrated health authority in Newfoundland and Labrador employing approximately 13,000 dedicated employees and serving a population of more than 300,000 people. The authority offers the full continuum of health and community services including public health, long-term care, community services, hospital care and unique provincial programs and services. At Eastern Health we pride ourselves on providing the highest quality care and service possible to the people in our communities, in our region, and in the province. To do that, we employ qualified, competent and caring individuals who are dedicated to their professions and to our vision of Healthy People, Healthy Communities.
Registered Nurses coordinate and participate in the delivery of holistic and supportive care to patients/clients/residents by assessing, developing, implementing and evaluating the plan of care. This may include the provision of health promotion, curative, supportive, rehabilitative and palliative services. The position may also provide professional supervision and direction or mentoring to the nursing care team while supporting other members of the interprofessional team to achieve safe and effective care to patients. As well, the position ensures that documentation and nursing policies and practices are followed while working together with families to ensure the highest standard of care is provided.
By applying for this job, you acknowledge an understanding that regular requirements and demands of this job include (but are not limited to):
- Constantly moves/lifts up to 10 lbs., regularly moves/lifts up to 25 lbs. and occasionally is required to restrain/reposition/move/lift up to 30 lbs. Pushes/pulls up to medium force.
- Constantly stands/walks and works in awkward or cramped positions to assist with procedures.
- Constantly uses fine finger/precision, auditory, sensory and visual concentration to provide and conduct risk assessments, observe/monitor patients, to complete documents, follow directions, administer medications, etc.
- May be subject to time pressures/deadlines and subject to lack of control over work pace.
- Graduation from an approved/recognized school of nursing program is required.
- Current practicing license with the College of Registered Nurses of Newfoundland and Labrador (CRNNL).
- A satisfactory record of work performance is required.
Open to external applicants.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a reposted position. Those who have already applied, need not re-apply.
Apply online at https://employment.easternhealth.ca
To become a part of our team, please submit your resume/cover letter or application form online, clearly demonstrating how you meet the required qualifications. Include your current mailing address, day-time contact number, e-mail address, competition and employee number if applicable.
Contact Information for Recruitment Related Inquiries:
Telephone: (709) 777-7777 (5-2) or 1-800-563-3693
Email: email@example.com. Applications/resumes are not accepted at this email address.
EXTERNAL APPLICANTS: We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate will be required to provide a satisfactory Certificate of Conduct from the RCMP or local Police (Vulnerable Sector Check may be required), educational documents, registration/licensure if applicable and Social Insurance Number.