Admission/Registration/Scheduling Clerk (1007)
Competition #: 6-12238 EXT
Salary: $20.0320 to $21.5624
NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application .
BARGAINING UNIT: CUPE
ZONE: Zone 6 - Acadie-Bathurst
FACILITY: Tracadie Hospital
DEPARTMENT: Reception, Admission and Central Scheduling
CLASSIFICATION: Admission/Registration/Scheduling Clerk (1007)
STATUS: Tempmorary part-time (approximately 1 year)
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK:
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
This position involves computer data entry in the Reception, Admitting and Central Scheduling Department. The incumbent must be able to collect confidential patient information required to adequately complete the registration, scheduling and the admission process for different categories of patients. Additional duties such as patient reception and registration, as well as relieving staff members in other sectors of the department, may also be assigned from time to time.
- Secretarial course of at least one year with high school diploma/GED;
- Ability to work with a computer and to be accurate on computer data entry;
- Ability to complete the medical terminology course as per set deadline;
- Ability to establish priorities;
- Effective communication skills and ability to treat patients, visitors, etc. with courtesy;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in French and spoken competence in English are required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.