Social Worker 1 (SW01)
Competition #: 4-13033 EXT
Salary: $28.5307 to $38.8575
Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: SHCP
ZONE: Zone 4 - Northwest
FACILITY: Edmundston Regional Hospital
DEPARTMENT: Social Work
CLASSIFICATION: Social Worker 1 (SW01)
STATUS: Temporary full-time (approximately 1 year)
ANTICIPATED DATE: March, 2021
HOURS OF WORK:
8-hour shifts - Day
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
Position of a clinical nature that consists of participating in the planning and delivery of social services to clientele in a hospital setting.
N.B. These are only the main duties of the position. Other related duties may occasionally be assigned as required for the smooth operation of the sector.
- Member in good standing of the New Brunswick Association of Social Workers;
- Bachelor of Social Work;
- Professional experience in the health services field considered an asset;
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST) or completion of this training within established timeframes;
- Ability to work in a changing environment with different populations;
- Leadership and good decision-making skills;
- Clinical judgment and good analytical reasoning;
- Ability to set priorities;
- Good knowledge of computer tools;
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills;
- Adaptability and flexibility;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, the Network's management philosophy, and organizational values;
- Compliance with Vitalité Health Network's confidentiality rules.
Written and spoken competence in French and spoken competence in English are required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.