Acadia Broadcasting Limited in Thunder Bay, ON
Acadia Broadcasting Limited is a growing radio broadcaster with radio stations in Atlantic Canada and Northwestern Ontario. Thunder Bay's Country 105 and 99.9 The Bay have an exciting opportunity for you to join Acadia Broadcasting Limited's team as the leader and coach of our newsroom.Our leader is retiring after a very successful career.The News Director reports to the Station Manager and oversees the daily operation of the newsroom. The integrity of our newsroom is a key factor in the success of our stations.You will be required to anchor newscasts, generate stories, lead talent development, cover local events, update web pages, and distribute content via social media.
- The News Director will ensure the overall quality of the on-air and online news product meets or exceeds the expectations of our listeners and web consumers.
- Managing the stations' news operations, setting budgets, coordinating schedules, establishing goals, and leading team development.
- Review daily newscasts to ensure quality control and ethical standards are being met and subsequently provide regular feedback to all members of your team.
- You will need to assign stories, encourage original story ideas and plan for coverage of local events.
- You and your department will adhere to Canadian Broadcast Standards Council guidelines and adhere to the RTDNA Code of Ethics and Acadia Broadcasting Limited policies.
The successful candidate must be comfortable with and show leadership in developing technology for news gathering. Some other key skills we are looking for include:
- Excellent communication, writing and editing skills.
- Good listening and problem-solving skills.
- You can make decisions and react quickly.
- You understand the importance of gathering multimedia to help tell a more interesting and interactive story - on-air and online.
- You are proficient with social media and know the importance of repurposing on-air content for our online readers.
Requirements : 3-to-5 years' experience in radio news broadcasting is preferred, journalism/digital media degree or diploma, a valid driver's license and are comfortable with industry standard software including Burli.
If you are a leader and have a passion for news, we would like to hear from you. Please apply by March 1, 2021 with a cover letter, resume and a link to a SoundCloud or YouTube demo.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.