Speech Language Pathologist 1 (SL01)
Competition #: 4-12757 EXT
NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: SHCP
ZONE: Zone 4 - Northwest
FACILITY: Grand Falls General Hospital
CLASSIFICATION: Speech Language Pathologist 1 (SL01)
STATUS: Temporary full-time (approximately 1 year)
FTE : 1.0
ANTICIPATED START DATE: April 2021
HOURS OF WORK:
8-hour shift - Day
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
The incumbent will participate in the delivery of rehabilitation services in Vitalité Health Network facilities and within the scope of speech-language pathology professional practice. Duties may include working with children, adults or seniors in various types of environments.
- Member of the New Brunswick Association of Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists or eligible to become a member;
- Master's in Speech-Language Pathology or equivalent;
- Commitment to teamwork;
- Ability to serve as a change agent;
- Excellent communication skills and skills interacting with the public;
- Personal initiative and sound judgment;
- Strong writing skills;
- Ability to briefly describe desired position and explain interest in position;
- Ability to promote education and empowerment among clients, their families and partners;
- Willingness to provide services to clients of all age groups;
- CPR certification or willingness to obtain such certification;
- Sincere desire to improve one's professional knowledge and skills;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, the Network's management philosophy, and organizational values;
- Compliance with Vitalité Health Network's confidentiality rules.
Written and spoken competence in French and spoken competence in English are required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.