Cavendish Farms in Dieppe, NB
Cavendish Farms is a leading producer of frozen food products for retail and food service markets throughout Canada, the United States, and around the world. We have state-of-the-art potato processing plants in Prince Edward Island, Lethbridge, Alberta, and Jamestown, North Dakota, and an appetizer plant in Wheatley, Ontario. Our Head office is in Dieppe, New Brunswick and has sales office locations in Toronto, Montreal, and Boston.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Logistics, the Manager, Transportation will be responsible for efficient transportation cost and service by managing a team of Logistics professionals with Strategic and Tactical focus. As the successful candidate you will be a results-driven, self-starter with a "Can Do" attitude who will be innovative in dealing with problems and in identifying and taking advantage of opportunities.
Successful candidate will possess a combination of the following qualifications:
- Post-secondary education in Business, Logistics or Supply Chain;
- 5 years' experience in the in logistics management, operations or equivalent role;
- Collaborative "lead by example" team player with the ability to adapt to a fast paced, dynamic work environment;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, problem solving and decision making skills;
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail;
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software.
- Financial acumen and previous experience managing budgets.
- Manage freight relationships with carriers using the service level agreement's Key Performance Indicators and regular reviews with suppliers;
- Manage key vendor and customer relationships;
- Determine optimal transportation modes, routing, and equipment to meet customers' requirements;
- Resolve problems concerning transportation, logistics systems, imports or exports, or customer issues;
- Manage and coach staff, creating engaging environment and enabling professional growth.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Cavendish Farms is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.