Senior Procurement Specialist
Irving Shipbuilding in Multiple Locations
Dartmouth, NS | Halifax, NS
SENIOR PROCUREMENT SPECIALIST
Located at 3099 Barrington Street in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, B3K 5M7, and 35 Micmac Boulevard, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada, B3A4Y8, Irving Shipbuilding has a proud history as Canada's shipbuilder. A proud member of the J.D. Irving, Limited group of companies, we have been building quality vessels and fabricated modules for more than 50 years, and our Halifax Shipyard has been at the forefront of Canadian shipbuilding for 130 years.
Since 2012, we have invested more than $400 million in facilities, people, processes, and technology, making Halifax Shipyard one of the most modern and capable shipyards in North America. Over the next 30 years our shipbuilders will construct 20 modern patrol ships and surface combatants for the Royal Canadian Navy as part of Canada's National Shipbuilding Strategy, the largest defence procurement in Canadian history. This year, we delivered the lead Arctic and Offshore Patrol Ship, the largest Navy ship built in Canada in 50 years and we're just getting started. The second ship will be delivered in 2021.
We're growing our team with career-defining opportunities that will revitalize Canada's shipbuilding industry and provide Canada's sailors with the ships they need to protect Canada's interests at home and abroad. Our workforce of over 2,000 will grow to more than 2,800 at peak construction of the Canadian Surface Combatants. We have built more than 80% of Canada's current combatant fleet and continue to perform maintenance and modernization work on the ships, including the Halifax-class frigates.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is seeking a Senior Procurement Specialist.
This is a permanent full-time role based in Halifax Regional Municipality, Nova Scotia. The primary language of work is English.
We encourage applications from qualified African Nova Scotians, racially visible persons, women (applying for non-traditional positions), persons with disabilities, Aboriginal persons and persons of the LGBTQ community. ISI encourages applicants to self-identify in the cover letter/resume portion of your application. Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment where all employees feel supported and valued.
- Education Required: University Degree in Business, Supply Chain or Engineering or suitable combination of Education and related experience.
- 7 years of progressive Procurement and/or Contract Management experience
- Experience in Shipbuilding and/or Defence industries strongly preferred; and/or pertinent experience in large-scale engineering/manufacturing environments;
- International contracting experience with Tier 1 OEMs for Marine/Naval, Defence and/or Aerospace sectors preferred
- Demonstrated results leading negotiations and managing high-value, complex contracts
- Procurement/Supply Chain accreditation (e.g. SCMP, MCIPS, ISM, P. Log.) considered an asset
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong sense of urgency to complete tasks
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Previous exposure to market analytics and insights
- Excellent Microsoft Office Suite skills
- Integrated sourcing initiatives including:
- Development and implementation of category sourcing strategies
- Analysis of market/supply conditions (e.g. availability, pricing, lead-times and capacity)
- Pre-contract activity including:
- Requirement definition and contracting strategy
- Supplier Qualification, tender process, RFI, RFP, RFQ with vendors
- Tender evaluations / supplier selection
- Contract management including:
- Development and execution of contracting plan
- Negotiation, execution and management of Equipment and Service contracts, direct with Tier 1 and Tier 2 OEMs (Original Equipment Manufacturers)
- Supplier Performance management including supplier quality, cost and delivery
- Risk identification and management within contract portfolio
- Purchase Order generation in support of strategic supplier activities
- Continuous improvement activities including:
- Program stakeholder engagement (Engineering, Program Management, Finance)
- Key Performance Indicator development and monitoring
- Development and refinement of supply chain processes
- Cost analysis for direct material and services
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
What We Offer:
Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to:
Please be advised that some positions within our business have been designated as 'Safety Sensitive' where the employee holding the position has a heightened responsibility for his/her own safety or the safety of others due to the nature of the job. If this is the case, you will be informed in the interview process.
For further details, please contact Recruitment at firstname.lastname@example.org .
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please complete the online application form. An up-to-date resume of past experience and education is required.
All applications will be reviewed by one of our recruiters. If the recruiter sees a potential opportunity (current or future) that matches your skills and experience, you will be contacted to discuss your qualifications for a position with Irving Shipbuilding.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.