Analytics Solution Designer
J.D. Irving, Limited - IT Division in Multiple Locations
Saint John, NB | Dieppe, NB | Fredericton, NB
Analytics Solution Designer
The Analytics Solution Designer will work extensively with JDI business leaders to guide them through their analytics and data roadmaps. As such, the successful candidate must have a thorough technical understanding of the analytics and data management domains coupled with strong business analysis and leadership skills.
Under general direction from the Manager of Analytics, the Analytics Solution Designer is responsible for discovering, synthesizing, and analyzing information from a variety of sources within the enterprise to recommend the best solutions. Critical to this role is understanding the actual stakeholder needs-which frequently involves investigating and clarifying their expressed goals-to determine underlying issues and causes, as well additional optimization and alignment opportunities.
The solution designer's ability to create a technical vision from business goals allows them to act as a catalyst for change within the enterprise, in turn delivering more value to the organization. They consider implications to the business when applying new technology to existing environments, fostering seamless alignment between solutions.
The Analytics Solution Designer plays a role in aligning data solutions with the current and future needs of the enterprise using their in-depth understanding of applicable business systems, process capabilities, industry requirements and emerging digital trends.
They can recommend, contribute, and facilitate the delivery of complex solutions that enable the achievement of business goals.
The Analytics Solution Designer is a mentor to up-and-coming analytics resources and works to further improve JDI's standards for the architecture and delivery of data and analytics.
JDI IT: Who we are and what we offer
At JDI IT,?the belief that what people experience matters more than technology?is part of our foundational core.
Over 300 employees - Our group works to create real value by helping people and businesses work smarter. We are working directly with our business counterparts to align their strategies to continued advancements in IT. As a member of the JDI IT team, you will be a key player in enabling the business to win by overcoming obstacles and "getting it done"!
We believe in the power of diverse teams and invest in continuous professional growth. We are seeking naturally curious change makers looking to join a collaborative and motivated team. Come help JDI IT Raise the Bar!
- Lead the organization in leveraging analytics and data technology to drive business outcomes
- Align analytics and data vision, strategy, roadmaps, and execution with business objectives
- Identify and select the appropriate information system solutions with consideration for functionality, data, security, integration, infrastructure and performance against business objectives
- Stay abreast of applicable business solutions and industry trends pertaining to data and analytics
- Manage delivery of smaller analytics and data initiatives; Provide technical oversight for larger initiatives
- Contribute to the identification of future projects
- Facilitate group workshops and meetings with senior business and IT leaders
- Build relationships with key business and IT stakeholders
- Estimate cost, and prepare business cases for IT data and analytics solutions, considering infrastructure, licenses, development and support
- Provide coaching and mentoring to team members and colleagues
- 5 years of success in complex deployment projects involving design, implementation, and support of distributed data and analytics systemsExperience leading and coaching diverse teams
- University degree or relevant college diploma
- Attributes of the successful candidate
- Does not accept the status quo; challenging is expected
- Acts with energy, urgency, and conviction;? is a pace setter
- Leads at all levels and by example
- Thinks about the enterprise first
- Teaches, mentors, and inspires others to? challenge themselves and work to their? full potential
- Collaborates with a sense of ownership and desire to? get things done
- Is not restrained by organizational structure;? gets involved
- Leaves everything better than when they started
- Exemplifies grit; is not set back by failure
- Customer-focused, results driven team player
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a high level of professionalism, accuracy and detail
- Well-rounded communicator with the ability to engage stakeholders at various organizational levels
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here .
J.D. Irving, Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.