Disability Case Manager
Location: Eastern Health Geographic Region
DISABILITY CASE MANAGER
(Under Classification Appeal)
Occupational Health Safety & Rehabilitation
Hours: 70 bi-weekly (7 hour days)
Salary: HL-20 ($64,053 - $83,269 per annum)
Competition Number: 2021000774
Posted Date: 4 February 2021
Closing Date: 11 February 2021
Eastern Health is the largest, integrated health authority in Newfoundland and Labrador employing approximately 13,000 dedicated employees and serving a population of more than 300,000 people. The authority offers the full continuum of health and community services including public health, long-term care, community services, hospital care and unique provincial programs and services. At Eastern Health, we pride ourselves on providing the highest quality care and service possible to the people in our communities, in our region, and in the province. To do that, we employ qualified, competent and caring individuals who are dedicated to their professions and to our vision of Healthy People, Healthy Communities.
The Disability Case Manager works within a multi-disciplinary Occupational Health and Safety team to proactively manage a variety of short and long-term leaves of absence and worker's compensation cases. The Disability Case Manager facilitates the return to work of employees and provides advice and counselling to managers regarding employee rehabilitation and health-related absences. Specifically, the position educates and promotes early return to work and modified work arrangements to managers, unions and affected employees; communicates with doctors and rehabilitation providers; develops and monitors complex return to work plans based on medical information and/or functional restrictions; coordinates and facilitates complex return to work meetings; educates managers on their obligations under Duty to Accommodate legislation and facilitates the medical duty to accommodate process; maintains accurate records and utilizes appropriate software to record information and practice effective case management.
- Baccalaureate Degree in health-related field, preferably with major coursework in Occupational Health or Rehabilitation Services is required.
- Master's degree would be considered an asset.
- Three out of the last five years relevant experience in disability case management preferably in a healthcare environment is required.
- Experience in case/medical or claims management, and worker's compensation system is required.
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Working knowledge of relevant legislation, e.g. Human Rights Code, Occupational Health & Safety and applicable Disability and Workplace Health, Safety and Compensation legislation. Well-developed organizational, analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with all levels of staff, union, and other internal and external partners and customers.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task to manage deadlines and strong attention to detail with complex claims and contracts.
- Demonstrated use Microsoft applications and other statistical applications.
- Demonstrated high-level oral and written communication skills for the purpose of writing and documenting reports and for facilitating continuous communication and relationship building with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to resolve conflicts and facilitate solutions in a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Demonstrated strong time management, organizational, and prioritization skills are required to cope with the demands of the position.
- Demonstrated strong listening skills and capacity for empathy.
- Licensing with Professional Association as applicable.
- A satisfactory record of work performance and attendance is required.
Please submit your resume/cover letter which clearly demonstrates how you meet the required qualifications.
Apply online at https://employment.easternhealth.ca
To become a part of our team, please submit your resume/cover letter, clearly demonstrating how you meet the required qualifications. Include your current mailing address, day-time contact number, e-mail address, competition and employee numbers if applicable.
Contact Information for Recruitment Related Inquiries
Telephone: (709) 777-7777 (5-2) Or 1-800-563-3693
Fax: (709) 777-1303
Email: email@example.com. Applications/resumes are not accepted at this email address.
EXTERNAL APPLICANTS: We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate will be required to provide a satisfactory Certificate of Conduct from the RCMP or local Police (Vulnerable Sector Check may be required), educational documents, registration/licensure if applicable and Social Insurance Number.