Materials and Production Quality Manager
OSCO Construction Group in Brampton, ON
With a solid history dating back to 1958, PreCon Precast Limited (now a member of the OSCO Construction Group) is known as a leading provider of architectural and structural precast concrete solutions with locations in Brampton and Woodstock. Across Ontario, you will find PreCon precast products and systems used in a variety of construction segments. Our value creation is cultivated by our workforce; a strong team built of Technical Sales, Engineering, Project Management, Production and Field Services. We pride ourselves in being leaders in precast concrete innovation; building more energy efficient, sustainable and safe structures.
There are two facets to this position. The first facet is as a Materials Engineer specializing in concrete. This position is responsible for the creation, optimization and monitoring of concrete mix designs for a variety of structural and architectural precast concrete.
The second facet is the overall management of the Quality Control departments at the Brampton and Woodstock production facilities. The Materials and Production Quality Manager is responsible to ensure common, consistent quality control procedures across PreCon plants, as well as to assist in reinforcing a culture where quality is a primary focus and the end goal is an operation that requires quality assurance rather than quality control.
As the Materials and Production Quality Manager, the ideal candidate is detail-oriented with a focus on accuracy and continuous improvement. They are a problem solver with hands-on leadership skills who thrives in a fast-paced multi-project environment. The position is located at the Brampton plant and supports the plants in Brampton and Woodstock.
- Design, monitor, troubleshoot and optimize high performance concrete mixes for both precast plants including specialty mixes for structural and architectural precast concrete applications.
- Manage and develop the Quality Control teams at both the Brampton and Woodstock plants.
- Ensure compliance with organizational and project-specific quality standards and maintain communication channels with OSCO affiliate counterparts.
- Strengthen Quality Assurance standards, processes and documentation to ensure compliance with industry standards, regulatory standards and the requirements of the CPCQA Certification Program.
- Work with Production to continually evolve the Company's Quality System Manual in alignment with continuous improvement and innovation objectives.
- Coordinate and follow up on product nonconformance issues and work with other stakeholders to eliminate reoccurrence.
- Provide leadership and support around the development of a strong collaborative relationship among the Quality Control, Engineering, Production and Field Operations departments.
- At least 5 years of practical mix-design and quality control experience.
- Bachelor of Engineering, Concrete Materials (Master of Engineering preferred).
- Professional Engineer designation.
- Supervisory experience in the concrete industry considered an asset.
- Knowledge and experience with CSA A23.1/A23.2/A23.4 and relevant OPS specifications.
- Possess drive, determination and a self-disciplined approach to achieving results that meet and maintain the established standards of quality and accuracy.
- Proven ability to make sound, timely business decisions while working in a fast-paced, multi-project, ever-changing environment.
- Solid communication, collaborative and people skills across all levels of the Company.
- Travel as required between the Brampton and Woodstock plants as well as to project construction sites.
As a member of the OSCO Construction Group, PreCon offers a comprehensive compensation package including health and dental coverage, life insurance, RRSP and tax-free savings account options. Additionally, we offer educational scholarships to dependents of employees, health & wellness programming and team building events.
The origins of the OSCO Construction Group go back to 1955 when Ocean Steel & Construction Ltd. was founded in Saint John, New Brunswick. Since that time, the OSCO Construction Group has grown to encompass four main operating sectors: Steel, Concrete, Construction and Corporate. Within these sectors lie an ever-expanding number of companies and divisions, serving a growing market area and employing over twelve hundred employees.
The OSCO Construction Group prides itself not just in embracing change, but in leading it. We drive this change by maintaining our vision to be fast, be global and be connected. All of our sectors are committed to: conducting business with integrity and fairness; continuous education & training of our employees; improving our processes; focusing on our customers' needs; and, providing top quality products & services.