Store Manager In Training #JoinOurFamily
Sobeys Inc. in Halifax, NS
Requisition ID: 139641
Career Group: Store Management
Job Category: National Pharmacy
Part Time or Full Time: Full Time
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Nova Scotia (CA-NS)
Location: 0114 Lord Nelson Lawtons
Our family of 127,000 employees and franchise affiliates share a collective passion for delivering exceptional shopping experiences and amazing food to all our customers. Our mission is to nurture the things that make life better - great experiences, families, communities, and our employees. We are a family nurturing families.
A proudly Canadian company, we started in a small town in Nova Scotia but we are now in communities of all sizes across this great country. With over 1500 stores in all 10 provinces, you may know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawton's Drug Stores or another of our great banners but we are all one extended family.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting. Overview
The Store Manager In Training - MIT program will produce a strong bench of Store Managers who are able to operate effectively in the Store as a business model. Store Managers in training will work with the Store Manager to provide/ communicate strategic direction and vision for the store. The Store Manager in Training will ensure operational excellence in retail merchandising, inventory management, and customer relations. The Manager in Training will Coach and develop Department Managers to provide superior customer service and shopping experiences through execution of strategy, customized for the local market, while achieving budgeted financial results. Actively contributes to an environment of employee and customer engagement. Job Description
- Create a coaching and development culture for all store employees which embraces a passion for service
- Work with the Store Manager to communicate operational requirements, operational changes, and store vision throughout the total store
- Understand and respond to local market needs and competition
- Ensure superior execution of the retail commercial programs and provide feedback and recommendations to appropriate parties
- Role model, coach, and reinforce customer service expectations on a daily basis for all staff
- Ensure community presence by working with store management and community partners to host/ support community events
- Create a shopping experience that engages your customers in a way that enhances loyalty, sales, and profit
- Execute winning conditions
- Execute SMART Initiatives
Policy/ Regulatory Adherence
- Ensure all applicable company policies and procedures are communicated and adhered
- Ensure that OH&S, food safety, and other regulatory requirements and procedures are implemented and maintained
- Ensure efficient operation of the business to achieve all financial targets and deliver on budgeted KPIs.
Personal/ Professional Development
- Thoroughly understand all relevant company programs
- Attend training as required
- Maintain knowledge of current industry trends
- Store Manager In Training takes ownership for their development requirements
- Successful completion of the Store Manager training program, which consists of:
- Completion of all department specific training and required learning checks
- Total store operations training
- Completion of all online testing with an overall average of 85%
- Participate in Powertalk and LMI training
- Successful completion and presentation of the MIT project component
- Completion of Store Manager routines and acting Store Manager role
- Successful completion of the MIT exam administer by the DO. The exam consists of a complete CES review and review of the P&L report in relation to financial acumen.
- Be known as the "employer of choice" by actively supporting an environment of employee engagement
- Other duties as required
- Above average communication skills (both oral and written)
- Full knowledge of retail operations and skills
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office suite
- Working Knowledge of SAP
- High School Diploma
- Completion of the Store Manager Assessment process
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.