Manufacturing Engineering Lead
Irving Shipbuilding in Multiple Locations
Dartmouth, NS | Halifax, NS
MANUFACTURING ENGINEERING LEAD
Located at 3099 Barrington Street in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, B3K 5M7, and 35 Micmac Boulevard, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada, B3A4Y8, Irving Shipbuilding has a proud history as Canada's shipbuilder. A proud member of the J.D. Irving, Limited group of companies, we have been building quality vessels and fabricated modules for more than 50 years, and our Halifax Shipyard has been at the forefront of Canadian shipbuilding for 130 years.
Since 2012, we have invested more than $400 million in facilities, people, processes, and technology, making Halifax Shipyard one of the most modern and capable shipyards in North America. Over the next 30 years our shipbuilders will construct 20 modern patrol ships and surface combatants for the Royal Canadian Navy as part of Canada's National Shipbuilding Strategy, the largest defence procurement in Canadian history. This year, we delivered the lead Arctic and Offshore Patrol Ship, the largest Navy ship built in Canada in 50 years and we're just getting started. The second ship will be delivered in 2021.
We're growing our team with career-defining opportunities that will revitalize Canada's shipbuilding industry and provide Canada's sailors with the ships they need to protect Canada's interests at home and abroad. Our workforce of over 2,000 will grow to more than 2,800 at peak construction of the Canadian Surface Combatants. We have built more than 80% of Canada's current combatant fleet and continue to perform maintenance and modernization work on the ships, including the Halifax-class frigates.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is seeking a Manufacturing Engineering Lead.
This is a permanent full-time role based in Halifax Regional Municipality, Nova Scotia. The primary language of work is English.
- Education Required: Trades Technology Certification or
- or Engineering Technology Diploma
- Years of Experience Required:
- 5 years of experience in a related position
- 10 Years experience in Shipbuilding - New construction
- Ability to interpret 3D Model Data and Engineering Drawings
- Sound knowledge of Shipbuilding Practices
- Strong analytical, organizational, and communication skills
- Proficiency with 3D AutoCAD considered an asset
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Access, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Assist readily and be a team player within the Engineering environment
- Must have experience in Manufacturing Engineering or similar
- Previous experience with 3D Modelling an asset
- Previous experience with Interim Product Development is preferred
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- Reporting to Transition to Build Manager, Lead role within Manufacturing Engineering Team.
- Develop Assembly Hierarchy of Interim Products
- Review and update Standard Processes and Procedures
- Guide and mentor junior resources within Team
- Coordinate Manufacturing Engineering resources within Transition to Build Team.
- Work closely with all disciplines in Manufacturing Engineering, to ensure producibility and best practices in Production
- MBOM Enhancement with production related attributes
- Detailed Build plans to guide planning and production.
- Identify, manage, and mitigate risk items associated with CSC producibility
- Proactive, daily communication across the business
What We Offer:
- Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to:
- A flexible medical, dental, and vision plan;
- Employee & Family Assistance Programs;
- RRSP matching program;
- Health & Wellness reimbursements;
- Opportunities to take part in job related training and development;
- Growth and progression opportunities within Irving Shipbuilding and the larger network of the JD Irving group of companies.
Please be advised that some positions within our business have been designated as 'Safety Sensitive' where the employee holding the position has a heightened responsibility for his/her own safety or the safety of others due to the nature of the job. If this is the case, you will be informed in the interview process.
For further details, please contact Recruitment at email@example.com
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please complete the online application form. An up-to-date resume of past experience and education is required.
All applications will be reviewed by one of our recruiters. If the recruiter sees a potential opportunity (current or future) that matches your skills and experience, you will be contacted to discuss your qualifications for a position with Irving Shipbuilding.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.