We are seeking a highly motivated individual to manage the busy Finance and Purchasing departments. This business performance focused role demands a high degree of communication and negotiation skills with both supplier and the internal organization.
- Produce timely and relevant financial statements
- Perform variance analysis such as Purchase Price to Cost variance, cost revaluation, Invoice to PO price variances and work order variances
- Work with both Internal and external Auditors
- Work closely with customer service and operational team to control and monitor their work process that may negatively impact the financial statement as a result of inaccurate inventory transaction(s) or sales orders
- Lead the Quote Team through the process of developing all quotes and proposals to be submitted to the customers, providing detailed cash flow analysis to Head Office for approvals
- Reports Development - work with IT to define, test and validate key reports to aid in decision making in such areas as:
- Standard Cost Variance
- Maintenance/Development of key performance reports to explain business financial performance
- Provide insightful recommendations to improve efficiencies and results
- Oversight of procurement department with a good understanding of material planning and procurement strategies to reduce cost and ensure on time delivery.
- Integral to the role is establishing and maintaining an ongoing working relationship with external suppliers, carriers and operational departments
- Ensure standard costs in the bill of material are updated periodically. Interact with Production to ensure Bills of Materials (BOM) are accurate and up to date.
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be a CPA (preference with CA or CMA background)
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years related experience in Manufacturing Accounting with supervisory experience.
- Previous experience in the management of the procurement functions would be an asset
- Strong people management, communication and customer service skills
- Competence in a computerized environment and use of Microsoft Office applications.
- Demonstrated Knowledge and understanding of:
- Standard Costing, Manufacturing accounting
- Variance Analysis
- ERP Systems (preferably JDE Edwards)
- Previous experience and ability to lead, motivate and negotiate in an active operational setting is a definite asset to the qualification of this position.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to IMP Occupational Health, Safety and Environment policies. Continually focusing on your individual safety and the safety of others who may be affected by your work and to fully comply with all Federal Health and Safety Legislation.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement, Lean & 8S activities in your area.
- Must be eligible to meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Canadian Government Security Clearances.
If you are interested in pursuing this challenging opportunity, please submit your resume, quoting salary expectations, in confidence to:
Internal applicants please use source code: I am an IMP employee.
Applications for the above position will be accepted until the position has been filled. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only individuals selected for an interview will be notified.
WE ARE COMMITTED TO EMPLOYMENT EQUITY
IMP is committed to Employment Equity and our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels. We welcome applicants from Aboriginal people, visible minority groups, persons with disabilities and women in occupations of positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self identify on either your cover letter or resume.