Data Engineering Lead
Reference # JG-14250
Meridia Recruitment Solutions has partnered with Redspace, a custom software company building the future of television, entertainment and learning , to recruit for a Data Engineering Lead to join their growing team in Halifax, NS. This role can be in Halifax or 100% remote.
This role will lead a team for one of their biggest clients and will be responsible for systems and architecture related to a large data platform.
The ideal candidate will help in defining a stack for analytics as a service - including storage of raw data, ETLS and a pipeline for batch and streaming pipelines. You will enable various internal applications to retrieve data relevant to their respective use cases and will work with a team of analysts and data scientists to access data for dashboarding, alerting, and ad hoc analysis.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Diploma in IT with equivalent IT experience
- 8+ years of development experience including 3+ years' experience working in a leadership capacity
- Experience building and optimizing big data pipelines, architectures, and data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Programming background, experience in Python
- Fluent across Big data stacks, experience or familiarity in areas such as:
- Google Big Query,
- Spark Clusters
- Ability to identify the right solution by analyzing tools and determining when to use one over the other based on use case and volume of data (billions of events a day scale).
- Proven success in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe data modeling decisions and data engineering strategy.
- Experience providing technical leadership and educating other engineers for best practices on data engineering.
- Experience working within a Cloud environment with an understanding of Cloud concepts.
- Work well in a fast paced, high pressure environment that requires meeting tight deadlines.
- Ability to work both individually and collaboratively with a team of developers, designers, project managers, and clients.
- Great attitude and sense of humour
- Passion for learning new technologies and desire to stay up to date with industry trends and best practices.
- Taking pride and ownership of everything you're assigned, seeing all tasks through to completion.
Our client offers a competitive salary, great benefits plan and more. Come and work for one of Atlantic Canada's top employers.
To express interest in this opportunity, please click on the "Apply Now" button below.
For more information contact Jamie Grant, Partner at 902-420-1809 or Brooke Ireland, Consultant at 902-421-1214. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Brooke know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.