Senior Organizational Development Specialist
Irving Shipbuilding in Halifax, NS
SENIOR ORGANIZATIONAL DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST
Located at 3099 Barrington Street in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, B3K 5M7, and 35 Micmac Boulevard, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada, B3A4Y8, Irving Shipbuilding has a proud history as Canada's shipbuilder. A proud member of the J.D. Irving, Limited group of companies, we have been building quality vessels and fabricated modules for more than 50 years, and our Halifax Shipyard has been at the forefront of Canadian shipbuilding for 130 years.
Since 2012, we have invested more than $400 million in facilities, people, processes, and technology, making Halifax Shipyard one of the most modern and capable shipyards in North America. Over the next 30 years our shipbuilders will construct 20 modern patrol ships and surface combatants for the Royal Canadian Navy as part of Canada's National Shipbuilding Strategy, the largest defence procurement in Canadian history. This year, we delivered the lead Arctic and Offshore Patrol Ship, the largest Navy ship built in Canada in 50 years and we're just getting started. The second ship will be delivered in 2021.
We're growing our team with career-defining opportunities that will revitalize Canada's shipbuilding industry and provide Canada's sailors with the ships they need to protect Canada's interests at home and abroad. Our workforce of over 2,000 will grow to more than 2,800 at peak construction of the Canadian Surface Combatants. We have built more than 80% of Canada's current combatant fleet and continue to perform maintenance and modernization work on the ships, including the Halifax-class frigates.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is seeking a Senior Organizational Development Specialist.
This is a permanent full-time role based in Halifax Regional Municipality, Nova Scotia. The primary language of work is English.
- Education Required: Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business, Organizational Development, Adult Education or a related field
- Years of Experience Required:
- 10 years of progressive experience in Human Resources
- Dedicated experience developing and deploying talent and organizational development programs would be preferred
- A Certified Professional in Human Resources is considered an asset
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strategic influencer who quickly becomes a trusted advisor and coach to colleagues at all levels of the organization
- Change Champion who employs established change management strategies to improve the organization
- Demonstrates advanced business Strives to improve business results through new ideas and actions; encourages and participates in innovative approaches.
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- Champion the effort to drive a culture of learning and development within Irving Shipbuilding
- Design, develop, deliver, and evaluate programs and frameworks that improve our employee experience, engagement, and our effectiveness as an organization
- Execute the organizational Learning and Development model by training employees on how to use and maximize available resources
- Act as a 'Career Coach' to understand employee trajectory within the organization and guide employees in choosing learning methods relevant to their personal and career development
- Work with department leaders to identify and assess role competencies, employee capabilities and skill gaps to then implement training programs that increase competency levels and improve organizational performance
- Facilities meetings/workshops aimed at organizational improvement and effectiveness and team building opportunities
- Support the organizational Leadership Effectiveness Strategy by ensuring Front-Line Leaders are receiving appropriate training and development
- Manage relationships with JDI Talent Centre of Excellence, internal subject-matter experts and external training consultants as needed to ensure the delivery of learning & development experiences
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of training materials as well as deliver engaging on site and/or virtual training as required
- Evaluate the impact and return on investment of L&D initiatives by tracking learning metrics and uses data effectively to make the case for additional investments
What We Offer:
- Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to:
- A flexible medical, dental, and vision plan;
- Employee & Family Assistance Programs;
- RRSP matching program;
- Health & Wellness reimbursements;
- Opportunities to take part in job related training and development;
- Growth and progression opportunities within Irving Shipbuilding and the larger network of the JD Irving group of compani es.
Please be advised that some positions within our business have been designated as 'Safety Sensitive' where the employee holding the position has a heightened responsibility for his/her own safety or the safety of others due to the nature of the job. If this is the case, you will be informed in the interview process.
For further details, please contact ISI Recruitment: firstname.lastname@example.org
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please complete the online application form. An up-to-date resume of past experience and education is required.
All applications will be reviewed by one of our recruiters. If the recruiter sees a potential opportunity (current or future) that matches your skills and experience, you will be contacted to discuss your qualifications for a position with Irving Shipbuilding.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here .
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.