Full Time 6 month term
Medavie Health Services New Brunswick is the subsidiary of Medavie Health Services responsible for the optimal operation and management of EM/ANB, an integrated, service-led primary health care organization. People are the biggest drivers of our success, and we are excited to continue building a healthier New Brunswick together. As the management company for Ambulance New Brunswick and the Extra-Mural Program, we're looking for a Payroll Administrator to help support our growing operation which provides exemplary, highly coordinated primary health care in the right place, from the right provider, at the right time.
Medavie Health Services is part of Medavie, a health services organization. Together with Medavie Blue Cross, we are committed to providing innovative solutions that will improve the health of all Canadians.
As a not-for-profit organization, Medavie is proud to commit an annual social dividend to the Medavie Health Foundation to support programs and initiatives aimed at addressing some of our country's most pressing physical and mental health care challenges.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Human Resources, the Payroll Administrator will verify, audit and organize, and enter confidential payroll information to assure that all employees are paid on an accurate and timely basis every bi-weekly pay period in accordance with all government payroll regulations.
In this role, you will be responsible to:
- Process, verify, and audit for accuracy information received from the scheduling system and check and code payroll data according to collective agreements, company policies and procedures;
- Prepare and file monthly regulatory and management reports, as well as handle inquiries from various levels of staff;
- Review earnings and deductions computed and correct errors to ensure accuracy of payroll;
- Prepare third party remittances and administer the payroll as per collective agreements and company policy;
- Set up new employees and maintain existing employees on the payroll and HR system and assign employee numbers, department numbers, transfers within sites and rate of pay to each employee;
- Record changes affecting net wages for each employee to update to master payroll records;
- Prepare various periodic reports/payments of earnings, taxes, deductions, union remittances, staff fund, bonds, etc., and any other periodic cost accounting reports necessary for financial reporting; and
- Prepare and issue payroll deposits, and prepare manual payroll checks, if required.
The ideal candidate will have the following education and experience:
- Post-secondary education in business or related discipline;
- Possesses Payroll Practitioner Compliance designation and/or are working towards the designation would be considered an asset;
- Three to five years of experience as a payroll administrator and experience in processing a large payroll (200+ employees);
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel and Word;
- Able to prioritize workload and ability to read and interpret documents such as union agreements, company procedure policies and Labour Standards;
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence and be an excellent communicator to explain challenging situations to employees;
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts and carry out instructions given in writing, oral, or diagram form with a high degree of accuracy with excellent organizational and time management skills; and
- Bilingualism would be considered an asset for this position.
If you are interested in working with a dynamic team of professionals and the necessary qualifications, please send your resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the competition number in the file name along with your first and last name.
Competition closes January 24, 2021.
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest. Please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Medavie Health Services New Brunswick is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees