Accounting Clerk (1024)
Competition #: 6-11759 EXT
Salary: $20.7929 to $22.3817
NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application .
BARGAINING UNIT: CUPE
ZONE: Zone 6 - Acadie-Bathurst
FACILITY: Chaleur Regional Hospital
DEPARTMENT: Accounting - Accounts Receivable
CLASSIFICATION: Accounting Clerk (1024)
STATUS Permanent full-time
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK:
8-hour shifts - Monday to Friday
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
Reporting to the Regional Manager of Accounts Receivable, the successful candidate will be responsible for billing patients for services delivered and for collecting and reconciling accounts. The successful candidate will perform all other related duties based on the needs of the Accounts Receivable Department.
- High school graduation plus an additional business or administrative support program of one year, which includes accounting courses;
- Computer skills (with Excel and Word as well as the Meditech module);
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills;
- Proven ability to function in a changing work environment;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.