WorkSafeNB is passionate about promoting health and safety in New Brunswick workplaces. When a workplace injury does occur, we provide caring recovery services, benefits and compensation to those injured and their families. We're focused on driving a safety-first culture, providing effective recovery and return to work services, and maintaining a sustainable system that ensures New Brunswickers are protected for generations to come.
WorkSafeNB is accepting applications for a permanent position of Investigations Officer. Strong preference to have this position located in the Northeastern part of the province which would require working from home.
Reporting to the Assistant Director of Investigation, you will be responsible to lead and conduct complex projects and complex investigations of workplace fatalities and serious incidents, prepare comprehensive investigation reports, help prepare cases for presentation to various internal committees, the courts and coroner inquests and deliver expertise in applying the Occupational Health and Safety Act and the regulations.
You will have demonstrated abilities in the following competencies:
- Client-Focused Service
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Ensuring Accountability
- Emotional Intelligence/Self Awareness
As the ideal candidate, you possess:
- A bachelor's degree in a related discipline.
- Five years of relevant experience, including experience in health and safety and investigative processes.
- A desire for continuous learning and education, and willingness to work towards obtaining CTAJ, CRST, CRSP, ROH, or CIH designation.
- Good interpersonal skills, good verbal and written communication skills, the ability to work independently as well as within a team environment.
- Ability to deal well with difficult situations.
- The ability to function within MS Office software, particularly MS Word and Adobe Acrobat.
- The ability to demonstrate empathy.
An investigations officer requires relevant experience. Successful candidates will demonstrate:
- Knowledge and experience in occupational health and safety.
- Knowledge and experience conducting investigations, including scene management, scene documentations and statement taking.
- Knowledge of the legal system including experience with the Charter, or significant work experience in a relevant technical role; engineer, project manager, or trades.
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required
Mandatory On-Call Rotation
WorkSafeNB offers a competitive annual salary with excellent benefits, including:
- Comprehensive benefits package (health, dental, life insurance, long-term disability insurance).
- Pension plan (Province of New Brunswick Public Service Pension Plan).
- Competitive vacation and leave benefits.
- Company vehicle.
- Opportunities for professional development and advancement in the organization.
- Support to attend professional association activities.
If you are interested in an exciting, challenging and rewarding career with WorkSafeNB, please apply online at worksafenb.ca by February 2, 2021
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.