Warehouse Selectors #JoinOurFamily
Sobeys Inc. in Grand Falls, NL
Requisition ID: 132601
Career Group: Distribution Centre Careers
Job Category: Operations Distribution & Logistics
Part Time or Full Time: Part Time
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Newfoundland and Labrador (CA-NL)
City: Grand Falls
Location: 0023 Grandfalls RSC
Postal Code: A2A 2V4
Our family of 127,000 employees and franchise affiliates share a collective passion for delivering exceptional shopping experiences and amazing food to all our customers. Our mission is to nurture the things that make life better - great experiences, families, communities, and our employees. We are a family nurturing families.
A proudly Canadian company, we started in a small town in Nova Scotia but we are now in communities of all sizes across this great country. With over 1500 stores in all 10 provinces, you may know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawton's Drug Stores or another of our great banners but we are all one extended family.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting. Overview
The Selector will provide customers and stores with accurate and secure orders in a timely and safe manner. The Selector will also fulfill all assigned duties in all areas of the RSC. Actively contributes to an environment of employee and customer engagement. Job Description
- Assemble orders for shipment to stores
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment as per company requirement
- Other duties as required
- Partial High School
- No previous experience required
- Physical work including frequent bending, lifting, and reaching
- Occasionally lift over 88 lbs
- Two person lift required for weights exceeding 50 lbs
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time
- Possible exposure to extreme temperatures
- Alertness to other people and vehicles
- Various shifts including evenings and weekends
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.