Digital Coordinator, Bell Media
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we're revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you're ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We're looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.
Position: Digital Coordinator, Bell Media, Teamsters 927
Status: Temporary Full Time (Maternity Leave) 12 months
Location: 2885 Robie Street, Halifax (Nova Scotia) | CTV Atlantic
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Hours of Work: Minimum 40 hours per week; may include working evenings and weekends. Overtime as required
- Identify, research, select and write original news stories, headlines and captions for CTV Atlantic's digital platforms. Stay on top of breaking news throughout the day and collaborate with Video Journalists and Multi Media Journalists in packaging stories on the website effectively. Assist other staff members with digital information & interactivity
- Monitor the daily wires, social media, websites and other news sources; update and amend web & social media content on a regular basis throughout the shift to ensure its freshness and competitive edge. Create daily web poll
- Edit and post news from the CTV Atlantic newsroom and wire services across digital platforms ensuring that the content of all news, features, interviews, and photos are posted to the website in a manner consistent with CTV standards and style
- Check for accuracy of facts, typos, and technical errors prior to posting information. Ensure that copyright restrictions are respected in selecting and editing multimedia enhancements to the news, including still photos, graphics and audio files to accompany news text
- Assist with planning and execution of coverage of special events on the website, making use of video streaming, live chats and other interactive web elements
- As part of the digital team, promote and execute a "Digital First" culture by creating digital exclusive content such as photo galleries, extended interviews, raw video, viewer video, etc.
- Other duties as assigned, which may include responsibilities such as production assistance, autocue operation, broadcast writing, etc.
- Degree/Diploma in Journalism or equivalent is preferred
- Television experience, on-camera experience and/or camera operation abilities are assets
- Demonstrated practical experience in a broadcast or online newsroom
- Experience writing in Canadian Press style is an asset
- Strong time-management skills are essential
- Demonstrated news and editorial judgment, strong copy editing skills, clear and concise writing ability and an excellent command of the English language
- Proficiency with computer software/internet and practical experience working with web operation systems including Content Management Systems, Adobe Photoshop, web browsers, iNews, Microsoft Office, social media platforms, blogging, FTP, basic CSS/HTML coding, SEO, multimedia publishing and web-based/mobile communications (Skype/Facetime) are assets
- Must demonstrate accountability, teamwork and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Current knowledge of the Maritimes (history, geography, political and socio-economic conditions) and challenges facing the region
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Union
Job Status: Temporary - Full time
Job Location: Canada : Nova Scotia : Halifax
Application Deadline: 01/25/2021
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it. We're committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada , NS , Halifax
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.