NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
ZONE: Zone 6 - Acadie-Bathurst
FACILITY: Enfant-Jésus RHSJ† Hospital and Tracadie Hospital
CLASSIFICATION: Emergency physician
STATUS: Permanent full-time
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK:
Following a work schedule determined by the Chief of the Emergency department.
On-call coverage according to a percentage of day-evening-night-weekend calculated depending on preferences, and with regards to the number of shifts per week.
The Acadian Peninsula Department of Emergency and Family Medicine, part of the Zone 6 (Acadie-Bathurst) of the Vitalité Health Network seeks to recruit Emergency Medicine physicians full-time. The work can be distributed between the Enfant-Jésus RHSJ† Hospital of Caraquet and the Tracadie Hospital. Both hospitals are part of the Vitalité Heath Network, and we have a dynamic medical team, engaged staff, and dedicated volunteers and offer a wide variety of primary and secondary services. The specialized support to both the Caraquet and Tracadie Hospitals is given by the Chaleur Regional Hospital in Bathurst, about 80 km away. The Chaleur Regional Hospital has approximately 215 beds, and offers a variety of primary and regional specialized secondary services, to include the majority of surgical services. The candidate is expected to participate in the teaching of students and residents in medicine.
This position involves clinical work in the provision of general medical care of patients. The work involves responsibility for performing medical care in the diagnosis and treatment of illness and may require close cooperation with various health care professionals. Work is performed with opportunity for independent judgment and action and is reviewed by the physician's Clinical Department Head / Chief of Service / Program Director in which the physician works. Review of the work may also be supervised by the Local and Regional Chiefs of Staff and the zone's Medical Director of the Regional Health Authority (RHA). The physician works in accordance of the RHA Bylaws.
- Have the certification CFPC, as well as the ACLS and ATLS up to date. Training in Emergency Ultrasound is an asset;
- Eligible for a licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of New-Brunswick ;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform the assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethical principles, the Network's management philosophy, and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set by Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.