Competition #: 1-12568 EXT
NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
ZONE: Zone 1B - Beauséjour
FACILITY: Dr-Georges-L.-Dumont University Hospital Centre
STATUS: Permanent full-time
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK:
Normal working hours are from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday to Friday, unless the head of department or department agrees otherwise.
The Vitality Health Network is looking to recruit an ophthalmologist to fill a full-time position. The position will be located at the Georges L Dumont University Centre, but the successful person will also be required to serve patients at the Bathurst Clinic on a monthly basis. The successful candidate must hold a Royal College of Canada certification in ophthalmology.
The position involves professional medical work performed by licensed specialists (holding specialist licensure recognized by the College of Physicians and Surgeons of New Brunswick). A licensed specialist enjoys great clinical independence in the diagnosis, care and treatment of medical problems within their field of specialization. Their clinical work and performance may be monitored and evaluated by the department/division/service and/or clinical program of the physician associated to them. The work may also be monitored by the local and/or regional Chief of Staff and the Medical Director for the zone within the regional health authority (RHA). The physician abides by the by-laws and policies of the RHA.
- Licensure from the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (RCPSC);
- Graduate from a recognized Medical school and graduate studies supplemented by post-graduate study in the area of specialization;
- Eligible for a licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of New-Brunswick ;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform the assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethical principles, the Network's management philosophy, and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set by Vitalité Health Network
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.