NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
ZONE: Zone 5 - Restigouche
FACILITY: Campbellton Regional Hospital
DEPARTMENT: Medical Imaging
STATUS: Permanent full-time
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK:
According to the agreement determined by the Service/Department Head
After-hours and weekend calls are shared among all members of the Department (divided into intervention and general radiology guards).
The Campbellton Regional Hospital Centre, New Brunswick, is seeking to recruit a full-time radiologist. The successful candidate will join a team of 3 radiologists working at the Campbellton Regional Hospital Centre in Campbellton , NB. The incumbent will provide radiology services while exercising independent judgement, act as a consultant with other physicians, and be responsible for radiology examinations provided to the population of New Brunswick. The imaging methods used are ultrasound, breast imaging, CT scan, MRI, and X-ray (fluoroscopy and simple radiography). The incumbent will also be responsible for providing on-call service for the zone and act as a medical advisor in radiology for Vitalité Health Network together with their colleagues. The incumbent is expected to participate in teaching medical students and residents.
This is professional medical work performed by certified specialists (those with a specialty certification as recognized by the College of Physicians and Surgeons of NB). Duties are performed with considerable clinical independence in the diagnosis, care and treatment of medical disorders within the scope of the specialty in which they are practicing. Work is performed with independent judgment, but findings and observations may be subject to supervision and assessment by the physician's Clinical (Program) Department Head / Chief of Service / Program Director in which the physicians works. Review of work may also be supervised by the local and regional Chiefs of Staff and the zone's Medical Director for the Regional Health Authority (RHA). The physician works within the accordance of the RHA Bylaws.
- Certification from the Royal College of Physicans and Surgeons of Canada certification (FRCPC);
- Graduate from an approved school of medicine supplemented by post-graduate study in the area of specialization (radiolody);
- Eligible for a licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of New-Brunswick ;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform the assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethical principles, the Network's management philosophy, and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set by Vitalité Health Network
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.