Competition #: 4-12545 EXT
NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
ZONE: Zone 4 - Northwest
FACILITY: Edmundston Regional Hospital
DEPARTMENT: Obstetrics and Gynecology
STATUS: Permanent full-time
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible
The Edmundston Regional Hospital, in Edmundston, located in Northwest New Brunswick, at the borders of Quebec and the United States, is looking for OBGYN. The successful applicant performs duties with considerable clinical independence in the diagnosis, care and treatment of medical disorders within his or her specialty. He or she performs with independent judgment, deliver services to in and outpatient and act as consultant to other physicians. He or she will be responsible for gynecology and obstetrics care to the population of the Zone 4.
This is professional medical work performed by certified specialists (those with a specialty certification as recognized by the College of Physicians and Surgeons of NB). Duties are performed with considerable clinical independence in the diagnosis, care and treatment of medical disorders within the scope of the specialty in which they are practicing. Work is performed with independent judgment, but findings and observations may be subject to supervision and assessment by the physician's Clinical (Program) Department Head / Chief of Service / Program Director in which the physicians works. Review of work may also be supervised by the local and regional Chiefs of Staff and the zone's Medical Director for the Regional Health Authority (RHA). The physician works within the accordance of the RHA Bylaws.
- Degree from a recognized medical school and postgraduate university degree in the field of specialization (Gynecology);
- Certification from the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (FRCPC);
- Eligible for a licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of New-Brunswick ;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform the assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethical principles, the Network's management philosophy, and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set by Vitalité Health Network
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.