NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
ZONE: Zone 4 - Northwest
FACILITY: Edmundston Regional Hospital
CLASSIFICATION: Emergency Physician
STATUS: Permanent full-time
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible
The Edmundston Regional Hospital, in Edmundston, located in Northwest New Brunswick, at the borders of Quebec and the United States, is recruiting full-time Emergency Physicians. The ERH is a center of trauma, level "3" The Department of emergency receives about 30 000 visits annually, an average of 82 patients per 24 hours. It is possible for the candidate to join a hospitalisation group on a voluntary basis. He or she is expected to participate in the teaching of students and residents in medicine.
This position involves clinical work in the provision of general medical care of patients. The work involves responsibility for performing medical care in the diagnosis and treatment of illness and may require close cooperation with various health care professionals. Work is performed with opportunity for independent judgment and action and is reviewed by the physician's Clinical Department Head / Chief of Service / Program Director in which the physician works. Review of the work may also be supervised by the Local and Regional Chiefs of Staff and the zone's Medical Director of the Regional Health Authority (RHA). The physician works in accordance of the RHA Bylaws.
- Have the certification FRCPC, CFPC, ACLS, ATLS, PALS up to date;
- Eligible for a licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of New-Brunswick ;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform the assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethical principles, the Network's management philosophy, and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set by Vitalité Health Network
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.