Finance and Treasury Board
Office of the Comptroller
Audit, Consulting and Enterprise Risk Management Branch
Pay Band 5/6
Do you enjoy working with people and want to make a difference for the taxpayers of New Brunswick? The Office of the Comptroller is seeking individuals to join the Division as a Senior Auditor working in Fredericton.
The Office of the Comptroller provides leadership in accounting and internal auditing and consulting services to government departments and agencies and encourages the effective management of the resources of the Province.
The position of Senior Auditor will work with government departments in reviewing practices and processes to ensure value for money is being achieved.
We offer a fun, challenging, flexible work environment and provide ongoing professional development.
As Senior Auditor, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- managing, coordinating, conducting and consulting on various audits (Operational, Financial, Value for Money and/or Information Technology)
- providing training, guidance and assistance to junior staff on various issues related to specific audits or general auditing issues
- assisting management in developing policies
- obtaining and evaluating necessary information, gathering evidence and identifying issues
- using professional expertise in developing workable solutions or recommendations and summarizing review findings and conclusions in reports
- effectively communicating review findings and conclusions to clients
- preparing an audit file with sufficient and appropriate documentation and analysis to support the audit/examination findings, recommendations and assessments
- reviewing and providing guidance to clients on appropriate procedures and policies
- performing investigative research as deemed appropriate
- PB 5 Graduation from University and certification from the Chartered Professional Accountant Certification Program with a minimum of 5 years relevant work experience OR a Masters Degree in Business Administration and a minimum of 5 years relevant work experience.
- PB 6 Graduation from University and certification from the Chartered Professional Accountant Certification Program with a minimum of 6 years relevant work experience OR a Masters Degree in Business Administration and a minimum of 6years relevant work experience.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
Written and spoken competence in English is required. Please state your language capability.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration. Résumé should be in chronological order specifying education and employment in months and years including part-time and full-time employment. Please ensure that preferred language for assessment is identified on your resume.
ASSET QUALIFICATIONS: Preference may be given to candidates that demonstrate:
- Experience in project management
- IT audit experience
- Experience with data analytics
- Experience in auditing
- Solid working knowledge of government
- Experience providing recommendations for organizational improvements
- Ability to work independently and apply professional judgement
Subject to the response to this competition, candidates may be required to demonstrate on their application one or more of the asset qualifications in addition to the essential qualifications in order to be given further consideration.
The successful candidate(s) will possess the following behavioral competencies:
- Analytical Thinking/Judgment
- Client Service Orientation
- Concern for Order
- Effective Interactive Communication
- Results Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidates will possess the following technical competencies: Project Management and Knowledge of Auditing. Technical competencies will be evaluated during the interview process.
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level.
Salary: PB 05 - $2,196 to $3,067 bi-weekly
PB 06 - $2,551 to $3,394 bi-weekly
Applicants are to apply on-line no later than January 22, 2021 indicating competition number: 21-FTB-02. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level.
Human Resources Services
Phone: (506) 440-3544
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Candidates registered with the Equal Employment Opportunity Program and veterans, who demonstrate they are among the most qualified, shall be given preference at the time of appointment.
We promote a scent-reduced environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The New Brunswick Public Service: Improving the lives of New Brunswickers every day!