NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: Management and Non Bargaining
ZONE: Zone 1 - Beauséjour
FACILITY: Dr-Georges-L.-Dumont University Hospital Centre
DEPARTMENT: Family Medecine Unit
CLASSIFICATION: Administrative Assistant for the New Brunswick Francophone Family Medicine Education Program
STATUS: Temporary full-time (approximately 6 months)
ANTICIPATED START DATE: January, 2021
HOURS OF WORK:
8-hour shifts - Monday to Friday
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
The administrative assistant works in close cooperation with the Director of the New Brunswick Francophone Family Medicine Education Program. Under the supervision of the administrative director, the administrative assistant helps manage and coordinate the services of the NB Francophone Family Medicine Education Program. The administrative assistant ensures the hiring of residents and organizes the orientation of residents and clerkship students and the training of residents while ensuring that the teaching program runs smoothly.
The administrative assistant acts as a resource person in developing and maintaining the lines of communication with the various teaching institutions of Vitalité Health Network, the Department of Family and Emergency Medicine of Université de Sherbrooke, and all rotation supervisors and support staff in the province's various rotation settings.
- Recognized postsecondary secretarial or office administration training program (two-year program) or equivalent;
- Minimum of three years' experience (preferably five or more years' experience in an equivalent or related position;
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to manage several tasks simultaneously and set priorities;
- Excellent skills writing letters, minutes and reports, and revising texts;
- Initiative, good judgment and discretion;
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Office software and readiness to learn computer productivity tools;
- Proficiency in both oral and written French and English;
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Knowledge of the university and hospital settings considered an asset;
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, the Network's management philosophy, and organizational values;
- Compliance with Vitalité Health Network's confidentiality rules.
Written and spoken competence in French and spoken competence in English are required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.