Artistic Coordinator, Music Department
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
It is the National Arts Centre's goal to be an inclusive organization that engages and welcomes all Canadians. We believe that the basis of this inclusivity requires a socially and culturally diverse workforce and therefore actively seek to recruit candidates who are Indigenous, Black, Persons of Colour (IBPoC), persons from the LGBTQ2+ community, persons with disabilities and women. We encourage you to self-identify in the recruitment process.
This position has the ability and may be required to work remotely. The NAC will provide the incumbent with equipment required to perform their duties from home.
Canada is our stage:
The National Arts Centre (NAC) is Canada's bilingual, multi-disciplinary home for the performing arts. The NAC presents, creates, produces, and co-produces performing arts programming in various streams-the NAC Orchestra, Dance, English Theatre, French Theatre, Indigenous Theatre, and Popular Music and Variety-and nurtures the next generation of audiences and artists from across Canada. The NAC's vision is to lead and support the renewal of the Canadian performing arts sector over the next three years, with The Next Act, it's 2020-2023 strategic plan. Through collaboration and investment in creation, production, co-production, and dissemination, along with a heightened focus on community engagement, learning, and innovation, the NAC will shape a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive future for the performing arts in Canada.
Job Number: J1220-1127
Job Title: Artistic Coordinator, Music Department
Employment Type: Full-Time continuing
Job Category: Arts Management
Open Positions: 1
Posting Date: December 18, 2020
Closing Date: January 24, 2021
Salary: $55,600.00 - $72,000.00/Year
Language Requirement: Bilingual
Working Hours: Monday to Friday. 35 hours a week
Availability to work evenings and weekends
Job Reports To: Manager of Artistic Planning
Reporting to the Manager of Artistic Planning, and working in a highly collaborative environment that includes musicians, visiting artists, programmers, marketers and educators, the Artistic Coordinator is responsible for website content coordination and publishing, guest artist contract administration and itinerary development (including travel and hotel booking for an average of 800 room nights annually). The incumbent performs administrative duties for the Managing Director, provides office administration for the Music Department as a whole, and supports the organizing of special events such as receptions. In addition, the incumbent may take on project-specific duties, including coordination and budgeting for NAC Orchestra recordings, livestream content coordination, and planning supporting activities for the special Orchestra festivals. The NAC seeks a candidate who will have active participation in internal and external activities and committees, and who will demonstrate daily decision-making, self-control and strategic thinking.
- Bachelor's Degree in music or a related field, and a minimum of two (2) years of professional experience in arts administration or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Familiarity with, and deep interest in, the performing arts landscape at local, national, and international levels;
- Strong sense for creative processes, and ability to anticipate and support the needs of guest artists and Orchestra artistic/operations team;
- Excellent interpersonal and administrative skills, with meticulous attention to detail;
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
- Skills in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Teams, database management and social media;
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills;
- Ability to coordinate a variety of activities simultaneously;
- Ability to adapt quickly to a fast-paced, complex environment;
- Ability to maintain discretion and absolute confidentiality at all times;
- Availability to work evenings and weekends;
- Ability to communicate in both English and French (verbal and written).
Who Can Apply
Persons residing in Canada and Canadian citizens residing abroad. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents.
All communication will be conducted through email and interviews via videoconferencing. Please ensure to have the most up-to-date information on your resume including your current email address.
While we appreciate all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted by us.
If you are a person with a disability and require accommodation for an interview or written exam, please advise us when initially contacted.
The successful candidate will be required to provide the original or a certified true copy of their education credentials as appropriate, along with proof of a valid Criminal Record Check as a condition of employment.