Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Manager - Education & Awareness #JoinOurFamily
Sobeys Inc. in Dartmouth, NS
Requisition ID: 131121
Career Group: Corporate Office Careers
Job Category: HR Talent & Inclusion
Travel Requirements: 10 - 20%
Part Time or Full Time: Full Time
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Nova Scotia (CA-NS)
Location: Dartmouth Office
Our family of 123,000 employees and franchise affiliates share a collective passion for delivering exceptional shopping experiences and amazing food to all our customers. Our mission is to nurture the things that make life better - great experiences, families, communities, and our employees.
A proudly Canadian company, we started in a small town in Nova Scotia but we are now in communities of all sizes across this great country. With over 1500 stores in all 10 provinces, you may know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawton's Drug Stores or another of our great banners but we are all one extended family.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting. Overview
Sobeys is full of exciting opportunities and we are always looking for bright new talent to join our team! We are currently seeking a Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Manager - Education & Awareness to join our Human Resources team. Job Description
- Responsible for planning and execution of initiatives that contribute to achieving the organization-wide Diversity, Equity and Inclusion strategy
- Execution of robust education and awareness initiatives on DE&I that align with DE&I strategy and goals across all lines of business. This includes sourcing subject matter experts, speakers, designing panels, executing events and leading various DE&I campaigns.
- Manage and execute collaborative meetings with internal stakeholders and engage as DE&I lead for Employee Resource Groups. This includes facilitation lead for focus groups and design lead for collaboration structures.
- Managing all program level awards, participation, inputs, communications and supports
- Executing and maintaining detailed communications plans and partnering with Internal and External Communications stakeholders
- Maintaining and updating content for internal and external sites as well as drafting all reporting requirements.
- Strengthening leadership capability around Diversity, Equity and Inclusion via multiple interventions including, but not limited to workshops and training.
- An Undergraduate Degree and a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience
- Experience in the development, delivery, data collection and evaluation of processes, tools and programs
- Experience in facilitation and delivering presentations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in retail an asset
- Experience in events management
- Bilingual in French language would be preferred
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.