Education and Outreach Manager
FCNB is a leader in integrated financial and consumer services regulation. FCNB's mandate is to protect consumers and enhance public confidence in the financial and consumer marketplace through the provision of regulatory and educational services. With offices in both Fredericton and Saint John, it is responsible for the administration and enforcement of provincial legislation regulating mortgage brokers, payday lenders, real estate, securities, insurance, pensions, credit unions, trust and loan companies, co-operatives, and a wide range of consumer legislation. FCNB is an independent Crown corporation funded by the regulatory fees and assessments paid by its regulated sectors.
We offer opportunities for dedicated professionals to play a vital role in carrying out our mandate.
Education and Outreach Manager
We are seeking a communications and marketing professional with a broad range of skills to fill a position on our Education and Communications team. This role is responsible for achieving the Commissions awareness, education and outreach goals. To achieve these goals, you will manage the Commission website to ensure it supports the regulatory, education and communications projects while building relationships and raising awareness of the Commission, and its mandate.
Your strong background in planning, managing and evaluating awareness and education programming will be key to the success of this position. Your management and writing skills will be used across multiple projects including education and outreach, digital outreach, stakeholder relations and miscellaneous projects. This position reports to the Director, Education and Communications.
Other key areas of responsibility include:
- Provide end-to-end project management and coordination for digital development projects;
- Manages website staff and resources including intake process;
- Manages the execution of the Commission's website projects including an annual workplan, ongoing search engine optimization, maintenance, and measurement;
- Review and approve planned campaign tactics;
- Assists with the content planning, maintenance and reporting of Commission Intranet;
- Participate in public and industry forums with regards to the Commissions education initiatives.
Qualifications for this position include:
- University or post-secondary degree in marketing, communications, education, or a related field with a minimum of 7 years of experience;
- Exceptional writing, editing and verbal skills, for both on- and offline audiences;
- Excellent research and organization skills;
- Superior organization and event planning capabilities;
- Strong public speaking/presentation abilities;
- Superior computer skills and technical knowledge;
- Ability to generate new, creative ideas for education initiatives directed towards multiple audiences;
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment;
- Written and verbal proficiency in both official languages is an asset;
- Market research experience (survey tools, data gathering, understanding and analyzing skills) a definite asset;
- A sense of integrity and professionalism when preparing documents for public consumption;
- A strong desire to implement change, and take a leadership role in new initiatives;
- Knowledge of financial and consumer services industries is an asset.
The Financial and Consumer Services Commission offers a competitive salary and benefit package as well as excellent opportunities for personal growth and challenge. If you are interested in being a key part of this team, please forward your résumé and covering letter to:
Financial and Consumer Services Commission
ATTN: Human Resources Officer
For more information about this position please visit our website at www.fcnb.ca or call the Human Resources Officer at (506) 643-7858.