Internal Communications Specialist #JoinOurFamily
Sobeys Inc. in Dartmouth, NS
Requisition ID: 128822
Career Group: Corporate Office Careers
Job Category: Communications and Corporate Affairs
Travel Requirements: 0 - 10%
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Nova Scotia (CA-NS)
Location: Dartmouth Office
A proudly Canadian retail company, Sobeys began in 1907 as a small meat delivery business in Stellarton, Nova Scotia. Today, Sobeys Inc. serves the food shopping needs of Canadians with approximately 1,500 stores in all 10 provinces under retail banners that include Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, and Lawton's Drug Stores as well as in-store pharmacies, liquor and more than 350 retail fuel locations.
Together with our 123,000 employees and franchise affiliates and a collective passion for delivering exceptional food and shopping experiences, Sobeys' purpose is to improve the lives of Canadians by helping them Eat Better, Feel Better and Do Better.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting. Overview
The Specialist, Internal Communications, will provide critical internal communications support to build and advance Sobeys' strategic priorities with Sobeys' corporate office and retail banner network through the development, execution and measurement of effective communications. This individual will support the communication of various business initiatives, establish credibility in the delivery of services and build solid working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders. Job Description
- Develop and execute strategic internal communications plans, in collaboration with key internal stakeholders, members of the communications team and external expertise
- Write, edit and design a variety of communications materials to support leader communication and build awareness and engagement among internal audiences including intranet stories, digital signage, memos, key messages, Q&As
- Leverage communications best practices to elevate the outcomes of communications initiatives
- Lead event planning, logistics, promotion and on-site execution of virtual and face-to-face internal communications forums e.g. Town Halls and special employee communications activities
- Manage Sobeys' internal communications platforms (e.g. intranet, digital signage, etc.) including maintaining an editorial calendar, reviewing content and requests, posting timely announcements and updates and ensuring information is accurate and up-to-date
- Develop tools and processes to improve communication and evaluate insights to measure communication effectiveness
- Work with functional areas of the business, members of the communications team and external stakeholders to support internal communications initiatives
Exceptional research, writing and editing skills
Outstanding organization skills; detail-oriented with an ability to manage and prioritize competing assignments
High sense of responsibility and accountability
Ability to exercise good judgment, tact, and diplomacy
Ability to execute and manage deliverables in a complex environment
Demonstrated ability to build relationships and trust with leadership and key stakeholders
Strong public speaking, presentation and interpersonal skills
Excellent computer and web publishing skills including PowerPoint, Excel and Word
* Budget and project management skills Job Requirements
- Post-secondary degree in Communications, Journalism or Public Relations
- Minimum three to five years of corporate communications experience. A solid internal communications background is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing successful internal communications plans and communications across the full range of channels including: print, digital and face-to-face
- Extensive knowledge of the online environment, social media tools and new technology with the ability to apply them to communications strategies
- Virtual and in-person event planning experience
- Retail communications experience preferred
- Bilingual French/English preferred
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.