Recreation Therapist 1 (RE01)
Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: SHCP
ZONE: Zone 4 - Northwest
FACILITY: Edmundston Regional Hospital
CLASSIFICATION: Recreation Therapist 1 (RE01)
STATUS: Temporary full-time (approximately 12 months)
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK:
8-hour shifts - Day
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
Reporting to the department manager, the incumbent will deliver quality recreology services, including therapy, initiation to leisure, and participation in leisure activities centred on client needs. The incumbent will perform related administrative duties. The incumbent will also participate in developing and applying new services and programs for clients.
- Bachelor's degree in recreology or leisure with a concentration in recreational therapy;
- Good time management and organizational skills;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethical principles, to the Network's management philosophy and to organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set by the Network.
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.