Tooling and Equipment Engineer
Irving Shipbuilding in Halifax, NS
TOOLING AND EQUIPMENT ENGINEER
Located at 3099 Barrington Street in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, B3K 5M7, and 35 Micmac Boulevard, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada, B3A4Y8 , Irving Shipbuilding has a proud history as Canada's shipbuilder. A proud member of the J.D. Irving, Limited group of companies, we have been building quality vessels and fabricated modules for more than 50 years, and our Halifax Shipyard has been at the forefront of Canadian shipbuilding for 130 years.
Since 2012, we have invested more than $400 million in facilities, people, processes, and technology, making Halifax Shipyard one of the most modern and capable shipyards in North America. Over the next 30 years our shipbuilders will construct 20 modern patrol ships and surface combatants for the Royal Canadian Navy as part of Canada's National Shipbuilding Strategy, the largest defence procurement in Canadian history. This year, we delivered the lead Arctic and Offshore Patrol Ship, the largest Navy ship built in Canada in 50 years and we're just getting started. The second ship will be delivered in 2021.
We're growing our team with career-defining opportunities that will revitalize Canada's shipbuilding industry and provide Canada's sailors with the ships they need to protect Canada's interests at home and abroad. Our workforce of over 2,000 will grow to more than 2,800 at peak construction of the Canadian Surface Combatants. We have built more than 80% of Canada's current combatant fleet and continue to perform maintenance and modernization work on the ships, including the Halifax-class frigates.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is seeking a Tooling and Equipment Engineer.
This is a permanent full-time role bas ed in Halifax Regional Municipality, Nova Scotia. The primary language of work is English.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering (B. Eng.) ( Industrial Engineer preferred)
- Exceptional knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Basic knowledge of SQL programming, and database management
- Strong analytical/project management skills and experience with good attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work with cross functional departments
- Proven ability to work in a dynamic, continuous improvement environment
- Knowledge of SharePoint, and Tableau considered an asset
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- Support the overall process for tooling and equipment management within Irving Shipbuilding.
- Lead assigned capital projects to ensure compliance with scope, schedule and cost.
- Analysis of inventory, business trends, operational processes, and business data to identify opportunities and recommend changes to improve cost & efficiencies.
- Research and analyze new tools and equipment seeking durable products to achieve an increase in the efficiency of tools, equipment, and techniques driven profitable and productivity
- Actively liaise with the vendors to test new and improved tooling and equipment to realize efficiency and cost savings.
- Partner with key vendors as well as internal teams and external entities to benchmark best practices and to gain support and insight for projects and solutions.
- Communicate accurate information with relevant parties to ensure the proper application of solutions and support of analysis and design.
- Lead or support continuous improvement projects within the Facilities and Maintenance Department.
What We Offer:
- Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to:
- A flexible medical, dental, and vision plan;
- Employee & Family Assistance Programs;
- RRSP matching program;
- Health & Wellness reimbursements;
- Opportunities to take part in job related training and development;
- Growth and progression opportunities within Irving Shipbuilding and the larger network of the JD Irving group of compani es.
Please be advised that some positions within our business have been designated as 'Safety Sensitive' where the employee holding the position has a heightened responsibility for his/her own safety or the safety of others due to the nature of the job. If this is the case, you will be informed in the interview process.
For further details, please contact Recruitment at email@example.com.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please complete the online application form. An up-to-date resume of past experience and education is required.
All applications will be reviewed by one of our recruiters. If the recruiter sees a potential opportunity (current or future) that matches your skills and experience, you will be contacted to discuss your qualifications for a position with Irving Shipbuilding
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here .
Irving Shipbuilding is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.