Irving Shipbuilding in Halifax, NS
Located at 3099 Barrington Street in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, B3K 5M7 or 35 Mic Mac Boulevard, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, B3A 4Y8 Irving Shipbuilding has a proud history as Canada's shipbuilder. A proud member of the J.D. Irving, Limited family of companies, we have been building quality vessels and fabricated modules for more than 50 years, and our Halifax Shipyard has been at the forefront of Canadian shipbuilding for 130 years.
Since 2012, we have invested more than $400 million in facilities, people, processes, and technology, making Halifax Shipyard one of the most modern and capable shipyards in the world.
Over the next 30 years our shipbuilders will construct 23 modern patrol ships and surface combatants for the Royal Canadian Navy as part of Canada's National Shipbuilding Strategy, the largest defence procurement in Canadian history.
This year, we will deliver the lead Arctic and Offshore Patrol Ship, the largest Navy ship built in Canada in 50 years. And we're just getting started.
We're growing our team with career-defining opportunities that will revitalize Canada's shipbuilding industry and provide Canada's sailors with the ships they need to protect Canada's interests at home and abroad. Our workforce of over 2,000 will grow to more than 2,800 at peak construction of the Canadian Surface Combatants.
We have built more than 80% of Canada's current combatant fleet and continue to perform maintenance and modernization work on the ships, including the Halifax-class frigates.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is seeking a Contracts Specialist.
This is a permanent full-time role based in Halifax Regional Municipality, Nova Scotia. The primary language of work is English.
- Post-secondary qualifications in Business, Supply Chain, Paralegal, Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3 years' experience in contract administration
Key attributes and competencies required:
- High degree of organization and professionalism
- Ability to multitask and concentrate under pressure
- High degree of commercial acumen
- Ability to understand and retain details in a manner that can be summarized effectively for others
- Ability to troubleshoot through various challenges
- Willingness to coach others, and be coached by others
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, patience, and the ability to work with a variety of stakeholders
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 2010 (SharePoint, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Familiarity with shipbuilding, defense contracts, or manufacturing
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- Developing Contract Changes
- Drafting Change management documents to accurately describe the reason of the Change, and Change to the Contract
- Input to, and review of, estimates that support of a Contract Change
- Review subcontractor estimates at a programs level view for completeness of scope, budget and schedule
- Drafting Waivers and Deviations
- Presenting Change details for stakeholder feedback and acceptance
- Weekly maintenance of data supporting Contract Change metrics
- Contract amendments and maintaining the Contract commercial Schedule
- Input to Monthly Progress Reports and Progress Review Meetings
- Process development as it relates to commercial aspects of the work
- Maintaining a commercial action log with Canada
- Coordinating and input to the development of commercial deliverables
- Coordination completion of action items between various stakeholders
- Annual reporting of Government Owned Contractor Custody Material
- Developing and maintaining key working relations with the customer
- Drafting Contract letters / notices
- Maintaining commercial files within company databases
- Drafting executive summaries (term sheets) for Contract Changes
What We Offer:
Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited:
- A flexible medical, dental, and vision plan;
- Employee & Family Assistance Programs;
- RRSP matching program;
- Health & Wellness reimbursements;
- Opportunities to take part in job related training and development;
- Growth and progression opportunities within Irving Shipbuilding and the larger network of the JD Irving group of companies.
For further details, please contact Recruitment at email@example.com
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please complete the online application form. An up-to-date resume of past experience and education is required.
All applications will be reviewed by one of our recruiters. If the recruiter sees a potential opportunity (current or future) that matches your skills and experience, you will be contacted to discuss your qualifications for a position with Irving Shipbuilding.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.