Medical Laboratory Technologist 2 (LT02)
NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: MSP
ZONE: Zone 4 -Northwest
FACILITY: Edmundston Regional Hospital
CLASSIFICATION: Medical Laboratory Technologist - 2 (LT02)
STATUS: Temporary full-time (approximately 10 months)
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK:
8-hour shifts - Rotation
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
This is clinical and technical work, in one or more laboratory disciplines, providing laboratory services for the diagnosis, treatment and therapeutic monitoring of patients.
- Diploma from a recognized medical laboratory technology school or Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science;
- Member in good standing of the New Brunswick Society of Medical Laboratory Technologists (NBSMLT);
- Previous experience in a laboratory department is an asset;
- Analytical thinking skills;
- Initiative and sound judgment;
- Knowledge of and compliance with laboratory safety principles;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in French and spoken competence in English are required.
The successful candidate may be asked to travel to other laboratory areas.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.