Marketing and Communication Strategist
Sobeys Inc. in Halifax, NS
Requisition ID: 123805
Career Group: Corporate Office Careers
Job Category: Pete's Fine Foods
Part Time or Full Time: Full Time
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Nova Scotia (CA-NS)
Location: No Location
Our family of 127,000 employees and franchise affiliates share a collective passion for delivering exceptional shopping experiences and amazing food to all our customers. Our mission is to nurture the things that make life better - great experiences, families, communities, and our employees. We are a family nurturing families.
A proudly Canadian company, we started in a small town in Nova Scotia but we are now in communities of all sizes across this great country. With over 1500 stores in all 10 provinces, you may know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawton's Drug Stores, Pete's Frootique and Fine Foods or another of our great banners but we are all one extended family.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Marketing Communication Strategist
Responsible for the development, implementation and measurement of Pete's Fine Foods marketing/communications and sales initiatives with the collaboration of our Retail Operations Managers and other members of the Pete's Fine Foods Organization.
- Develop and implement comprehensive marketing and communications strategies and measure impacts using key performance metrics (including ROI), while maintaining budget, branding standards, stylistic
objectives and deadlines.
- Develop & implement Pete's Fine Foods' ongoing/weekly communications (Weekly E-Flyers, Weekly E-Newsletters, notices, internal news, press releases, etc.)
- Develop running list of (1-2) topics per month to promote via the E-Newletter. Collaborate with department managers to develop/gather content (product info, photos, ect.) and provide to graphic designer by agreed-upon deadline (2 weeks in advance of e-mail distribution).
- Develop & implement Pete's social media strategy (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, etc.)
- Facilitate a variety of phases of Pete's Fine Foods' marketing programs, which may include direct mail,
advertising/publication inserts, web initiatives, trade shows and internal and external events/promotions.
- Maintain ongoing communications with external Food Bloggers and influencers to coordinate blog post themes for inclusion in e-newsletter, social media channels, and webpage.
- Represent Pete's Fine Foods at internal and external events, promoting and building our brand.
- Conduct post-event and post-program analysis i.e. administration, analysis of sales/traffic and
expenditures and post-event summaries
- Conduct internal brand audits to ensure that all locations are using streamlined signage, logos, etc.
- Collect and consolidate customer loyalty card e-mail addresses on a monthly basis.
- Undertake market research and marketing analysis projects, as required.
- Identifying marketing opportunities within the region/community.
- To observe all company rules and policies.
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in Marketing, Communications, or Public Relations.
- 2+ years of experience in a marketing role
- Experience in social-media marketing, external as well as internal communications.
- Experience working with print media.
- Tech savvy. Proficient in MS Office.
- A team player. Ability to build trust and rapport with others; develop and maintain collaborative relationships to meet goals and objectives.
- Superior oral, written and visual communication skills
- Energetic; works with a sense of urgency; proactive.
- Positive attitude, results-oriented.
- Strong customer/service focused attitude.
- Ability to meet goals with minimal supervision and have a good business sense.
- Skilled at prioritizing and multi-tasking a high volume, time-sensitive workload.
- Possess teamwork and diversity awareness by listening to others' points of view and recognizing and appreciating differences - Pete's Culture of Caring.
- Experience in retail is an asset.
- Travel between our various locations and a flexible schedule including days, evenings and weekends are required.
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.