Planner / Dispatcher
Sunbury Transport Limited in Saint John, NB
RST Industries Limited and Sunbury Transport Limited are leading carriers utilizing the most advanced technology to deliver world class transportation services throughout North America. We offer a wide range of creative transportation solutions; specializing in chemicals, petroleum, bulk, flatbed, van and food grade products.
Sunbury Transport is currently seeking a highly motivated individual to fill the role of Regional Short Haul Planner/ Dispatcher located in Saint John, NB. The successful candidate will be responsible for maximizing driver/truck utilization, communicating with drivers/customers and actively monitor/plan inbound/outbound freight needs.
- Years of Experience Required: 1-3 years work experience; Transportation and/or Logistics experience considered an asset
- Computer software skills are essential; experience working with ERP systems considered an asset
- Superior organizational, decision-making and problem-solving abilities
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Team-oriented and results-driven
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Must be committed to quality, safety, and service
- Must be available for weekends on-call
- Bachelor's Degree in Business considered an asset
- Responsible for planning, scheduling and coordinating short haul freight/container moves
- Coordinate with Customers and Drivers on all commitments
- Ensure maximum utilization on all equipment (trucks, trailers, etc.)
- Coordination of maintenance when equipment breaks down
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online.
We appreciate your interest in our company however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Sunbury Transport is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.