Harbour Development in Saint John, NB
Harbour Development is a large Eastern Canadian Marine Construction and Dredging company based in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia with over 60 years of experience delivering professional dredging and marine construction services to various private and public marine stakeholders.
We are currently seeking a applicants for the position of Chief Engineer.
- Maintain a safe and efficient Engine Room watch and monitor machinery performance in accordance with applicable regulations, Chief Engineer's standing orders and company policies and procedures, and maintenance of the Engine Room Logbook.
- Perform pertinent planned maintenance activities in accordance with the vessel's program.
- Ensure that cleaning station tasks are performed.
- Carrying out safety procedures assigned by the superintendent.
- Maintain a record of spare parts used and report to the superintendent.
- Ensure that the areas and equipment are maintained in a clean condition and that positive action is taken in all cases to ensure that operations conform to regulatory requirements and company policies.
- Contribute to Harbour Developments safety culture by:
- Understand and comply with various safety processes within the Safety Management System.
- Possess the skills to perform job related tasks and apply safe practices while performing physical tasks.
- Have a through understanding of precautions and procedures related to the Safety Management System.
- Have thorough understanding of pollution regulations and the company's objectives regarding environmental protection.
Training, Experience and Certification Requirements:
- 4th Class Motor Certification Requirements
- Marine Emergency Duties
- Transport Canada Marine Medical
- H2S Alive
- Marine First Aid and CPR
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods Certificate (TDG)
- Vessel Personnel with Security Responsibilities.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online by _____.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Harbour Development Incorporated is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.