Export Development Executive
Export Development Executive
Pay Band 6
($65,650 to $87,360 per annum)
(1 Year Term)
Proactive • Professional • Accountable • Client Focused
Opportunities NB (ONB) is New Brunswick's lead business development corporation working with companies inside and outside the province to drive economic growth and job creation in the province. A nimble, results-driven and client-centric organization, ONB is a Crown Corporation, strategically led by a private sector Board of Directors, made up of business leaders from New Brunswick companies and academia. ONB believes strongly in the future of New Brunswick and since its inception on April 1, 2015, has successfully been the catalyst for competitive and innovative economic growth and job creation for the benefit of New Brunswick today and for generations to come.
Recognized as one of Canada's Most Admired Corporate Cultures for 2018 and recognized as one of Atlantic Canada's Top Employers for four consecutive years, in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020, ONB is seeking experienced and exceptional professional for the secondment opportunity of Export Development Executive for our Fredericton Head Office. Join a dynamic team of business professionals who are passionate about growing New Brunswick's economy, are committed to giving back to the community, and value making a difference.
Love where you work. Love what you do. Come work for us.
Who are you?
- You have a minimum of six years of private sector experience in business including sales prospecting, market and business development planning and customer relationship building and retention
- You have a post-secondary degree, preferably in Business Administration or Commerce (An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience may be considered)
- You have experience working with or in the IT (Information Technology) sector
- You have a strong business development background and are passionate about growing the province's economy
- You have a strong understanding of international business practices and standards, most notably in the field of exporting
- You have well-developed influencing, consultative, engagement, and relationship management skills and you are recognized for your ability to inform, impart knowledge and leave a positive lasting impression
- You have proven project management skills including, planning, budgeting, establishing objectives, implementing and measuring outcomes and reporting results
- You thrive on effectively contributing fresh ideas and innovative solutions for your organization and clients
- You are at your best when you are challenged and thrive on getting results
- You are a self-starter that values autonomy and getting the job done
- You place high value on team work, you are adept at leading but equally comfortable being part of any team
- You value recognition, giving back to the community and comradery with your colleagues
- You work hard and are fun to have around
- It would be considered a bonus if you:
- have extensive experience in Asia and acute cultural and business acumen and knowledge of the Asian marketplace, particularly of China
- are working towards your Professional International Business Certification CITP® | FIBP designation or other similar international business certification
- have exceptional knowledge of New Brunswick's business community and have an eye for identifying opportunities for New Brunswick companies in international markets
- are fluent in a second language other than English or French
As an Export Development Executive at ONB, you will:
- Report to the Director of Export Development and play a key role in helping New Brunswick companies build their exporting capacity and develop new markets for their products and services.
- Act as "export advisor" to new and experienced exporting firms
- Remain abreast of sector trends globally, regulations, customs/tariffs and non-tariff barriers and of sector capabilities within NB
- Connect companies with partners and business prospects through leading strategic market development activities such as trade missions, trade shows, incoming buyers and partner's visits, lead generation programs, and tailored business opportunity development
- Develop strong working relationships with Canada's Trade Commissioners related to assigned sectors, ONB partners, and in-market consultants and resources including buyers/distributors/industry contacts and associations in our priority markets
- Provide timely and expert advice to companies, colleagues, ONB leadership and various partners in relation to the development of export readiness training programs, export development strategies, specific company objectives, and identification of innovative market development approaches
- Represent ONB on sectoral Federal/Provincial/Regional trade committees and working groups
- Prepare internal reports, briefings and other updates as required, including effectively using a CRM tool to support internal transparency and collaboration on opportunities and company accounts
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required. Please state your language capability.
The successful candidate is required to travel both domestically and internationally and work beyond normal business hours. A valid NB driver's license is required. This position is located in Fredericton.
What can ONB offer you?
- Comprehensive benefits package which includes paid vacation, Health and Dental Plan, Life Insurance, and the Public Service Shared Risk Pension Plan
- Career growth, development and continuous learning opportunities
- Opportunity to be involved in ONB events that give back to our community
- Positive and inclusive work culture
How to apply?
- Candidates are required to demonstrate on their applications how, when, and where they have acquired the qualifications and skills required for this position
- Resumes should be in chronological order specifying the beginning and end dates in month and year format for all completed education and employment including part-time and full-time employment
- Please ensure that preferred language for assessment is identified on your resume
Apply on-line at www.ere.gnb.ca, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail to the address below by December 2, 2020 indicating competition number: R50-2020/21-849.
ONB Employee Experience
4th floor, 250 King Street
Fredericton, NB E3B 9M9
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Candidates registered with the Equal Employment Opportunity Program and veterans, who demonstrate they are among the most qualified, shall be given preference at the time of appointment.
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level.