Asset Management Specialist
Gulf Operators, Ltd. in Saint John, NB
ASSET MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST
Gulf Operators, Ltd. is a civil contractor experienced in all aspects of civil work including drilling and blasting, concrete work, excavation, water and sewer, as well as aggregate production and sales.
At Gulf Operators Ltd. you will discover a fast-paced work environment and gain exposure to a wide range of industrial, commercial, infrastructure and residential projects. We are always seeking to attract the very best talent for our varied operations.
We are currently seeking energetic applicants for the position of Asset Management Specialist to join our dynamic team in Saint John, New Brunswick. This position would be ideal for someone that is looking for a challenge wants to play a key role in the management of our equipment and assets. The successful candidate will utilize various forms of data to drive decisions and will support the operations leadership team by providing the analysis and insight required to continuously improve the business.
- Analyze reliability of equipment.
- Conduct failure analysis on troublesome equipment and recommend actions to resolve.
- Participate and lead initiatives for equipment and site improvement projects.
- Produce financial/operational reports to support business decisions
- Prepare budgets and forecasts to support long term planning.
- Analyze financial metrics to provide insight on key operations trends and activities.
- Prepare and investigate asset reports.
- Assist in managing the working capital of the business as it relates to equipment procurement and maintenance.
- Analyze equipment life cycles (when to sell / rebuild / buy new or used).
- Coordinate selling, purchasing, disposal and sourcing of equipment as required.
- Monitor use of rented equipment.
- Investigate opportunities to improve / reduce fleet costs.
- Implement and manage a tire management plan.
- Update asset information into E1.
- Leverage technology (GPS & Telematics)
- Design and deliver presentations related to the operational performance of the business.
- Data Management
- College or University Degree in Engineering.
- 2-5 years relevant experience.
- Strong Microsoft Office knowledge
- Motivated self-starter and comfortable leading change.
- Be proactive and participative.
- Experience in Construction/Industrial setting is considered an asset.
- Maintenance experience would be considered an asset.
- Strong communication, organization and time management skills and must be up for a challenge.
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting and communication skills are essential.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced team environment and possess a technical background.
What We Offer:
Working in a team-based environment, we help you achieve your goals through challenging work, professional development, and career advancement opportunities. We are focused on continuous improvement and use great technology to support all aspects of our business. We offer a wide range of health and wellness programs to our employees and their families and we are proud supporters of our local communities. This is a full-time opportunity, with a competitive compensation package which includes Health, Drug & Dental and RRSP's and other benefits.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here .
Gulf Operators Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.