Specialist, Technical Network
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we're revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you're ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Bell is making unmatched investments in our world-leading broadband fibre and wireless networks because we know they're the backbone of the products and services our customers love. If you're excited about transforming the way people connect, our Network team is the right place for you.
Bell is looking to hire a Technical Specialist to support Bell Canada's Managed Cisco IP Telephony and Video Service. Works closely with 3rd line service teams, IS/IT and CSE Community. Individual must have a combination of excellent technical, leadership, communication and customer service skills.
Job Duties and Accountabilities:
- Act as technical leader and coach for Large Enterprise customers deploying thousands of VoIP lines across Canada, U.S.A. and worldwide (over 300,000 users already deployed)
- Act as subject Matter Expert for supported IP Telephony, video services and technology, providing support to marketing and service teams
- Manage technical bridge and coordinated SMEs in order to resolve the issue as quickly as possible
- On-call rotation
- Manage vendor relationship order to resolve the issue as quickly as possible
- Is engaged in day to day service assurance
- Maintain personal certification levels to meet vendor requirements
- Develop network test plans, perform testing in labs, and identify technical and operational issues to management.
Critical Skills and Competencies
- Excellent oral, written and customer facing skills in English and French.
- Professionalism at all times, with strong customer focus
- Advanced IP Telephony/Routing and Switching,
- PC proficient with intermediate skills in MS Office (Excel, Powerpoint, Word, Visio, Access and Project)
- Minimum 1.5 years experience supporting majority of the following technologies:
- CallManager (CUCM) 11.x, 12.x
- Unity Connection 11.x,12.x
- CER 9.x,10.x
- UCCX 9.x, 10.x
- Session Border Controller like Cisco CUBE or ACME Packet
- MGCP, H323 and SIP Protocol
- ISR gateways (29xx, 39xx and 44xx)
- Cisco Jabber
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction, and able to succeed in a rapidly changing environment.
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to communicate complicated network technology and designs to audiences with various technical backgrounds.
- Ability to read system service logs: CM, CTI, Syslogs, Audits, CCX Engine, Presence Engine, Connection Conversation Manager etc.
- Ability to read endpoint logs: Cisco hardphone logs and Cisco Jabber client logs.
Desired additional skills
- Video experience and certifications
- Cisco Expressway
- VCS (Video communication Server)
- Telepresense endpoints
- VMware - UCS functional components
- Unified Computing System (UCS) - C-series / B-series / BE6K / BE7K
- UCS manager CIMC
- Unix and Linux operating systems.
- Advanced skills in Windows,
CCNA Voice Collaboration Certification
- or greater certification ie: CCNP - Collaboration , CCIE - Collaboration,
Regular work week plus rotation on 7x 24 hour Duty Manager Coverage
Bilingualism is required (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : New Brunswick : Moncton || Canada : Ontario : Ottawa || Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Quebec : Montreal || Canada : Quebec : Verdun
Application Deadline: 11/30/2020
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it. We're committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Created: Canada , QC , Montreal
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.