The team at WorkSafeNB is passionate about promoting health and safety in New Brunswick workplaces. When a workplace injury does occur, we provide caring recovery and return to work services, benefits, and compensation to injured workers and their families. We are focused on driving a safety-first culture, providing excellent service to our clients and maintaining a sustainable system that ensures New Brunswickers are protected for generations to come.
Reporting to the General Counsel & Corporate Secretary, you will assist the members of the General Counsel's Office with legal-related administrative matters and provide support by organizing and expediting the flow of work and undertaking specific tasks assigned. This position is in Saint John, New Brunswick.
Your key areas of responsibility will include:
- Preparing a broad range of legal documents, general and confidential correspondence, including e-mail and faxes from, rough drafts, notes or verbal instructions, supporting both litigation and commercial files.
- Proofreading all work for completeness, correct grammar, spelling, typographical and format errors.
- Maintaining accurate and up-to-date calendar of activities, meetings and various events for assigned lawyer to ensure no scheduling conflicts.
- Scheduling appointments, arranges meetings, coordinates travel arrangements, and processing invoices.
- Assisting with right-to-information requests, including triaging and evaluating requests filed for completeness, and obtaining additional information if necessary; opening files and maintaining the internal filing system; drafting correspondence, as required.
- Investigating and responding to WorkSafeNB client inquiries promptly and accurately.
- Acting as liaison between members of the General Counsel's Office and external contacts including government officials, lawyers, auditors, consultants and others.
- Providing client centered services through continued improvement in policies, procedures and programs.
You embrace the following competencies:
- Client Focused Service
- Ensuring Accountability
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Attention to Detail
- Problem Solving
You, as a successful candidate, possess:
- Related post-secondary education.
- Six years of experience working as a Legal Assistant.
- Strong time management skills.
- Excellent work ethic functioning in a high-paced, dynamic environment
- Have strong computer skills, including ability to function easily in an advanced Microsoft Word environment using styles and other software.
- Experience providing support to both litigation and commercial lawyers would be considered an asset.
- Familiarity with Service New Brunswick's online registry and mapping service and the Corporate Registry of New Brunswick would be an asset.
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Proficiency in English, written and spoken, is required. Bilingualism is an asset.
WorkSafeNB offers a competitive annual salary with excellent benefits, including:
- Comprehensive benefits package (health, dental, life insurance and LTD insurance)
- Pension plan (New Brunswick Public Service Pension Plan)
- Competitive vacation and leave benefits
If you are interested in an exciting and rewarding career with WorkSafeNB, please apply online at www.worksafenb.ca by November 30, 2020.
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
For more information about WorkSafeNB, or this and other employment opportunities, please visit our website at worksafenb.ca.